confused

by sugarbritches 25 Replies latest jw friends

• sugarbritches
    sugarbritches

Too much association was singing together every sat night in a local country band-- i was the lead singer- he was the lead guitar player. The elders told him and me- that witnesses aren't allowed to associate on a regular basis with those who don't share their faith. Not any compassion here but thanks for your responses.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Believe me, there is compassion. It's just that we are amazed that these rogue elders would choose to make up a brand new reason to kick someone out. They must be real control freaks...

• skyman
    skyman

They can DF the him if they can prove that you both had stayed the night together without anyone else being there for ex: staying the night at your house without anyone else there. Traveling together a lone over night. Most Elders think the worst and will assume your doing the wild thing.

• sugarbritches
    sugarbritches

yeah it is true- they do think up wild things to accuse people of. We never spent a night together- our only time together was at this community building where we sang. I still go there- although i don't have a band to sing with anymore- he isn't allowed to have a band anymore- again too much association with non- witnesses. Crazy isn't it. Thanks guys

• love11
    love11

Ok this makes sense now. It's not just that he was talking to you, it was for extra curricular activities.

I know of a boy that was disfellowshipped for joining a football team at his school.

So ya it can happen, I just think everyone was shocked because it seemed like a new reason to get disfellowshipped for.

My congregation was disfellowshipped happy. They loved to disfellowship people. Yet the elders were cheating on thier wives and none of them were disfellowshipped. Makes you say Hmmmmmm......

• fairchild
    fairchild

It might be that the problem was not just talking to you, but the fact that he was a performer. The JWs don't think much good of people who perform in public, trust me, because I was in that situation for years (being a juggler/magician). They think that the whole world of performers is drenched with drugs and that everyone has sex with everyone. They don't understand why a person would choose to associate with non JWs while they can associate with JWs who will be no threat to their relationship with Jehovah.

I am sorry that this happened to you, and to your friend. Perhaps now that he is df'd, he will have some extra time to look into the wealth of information there's out there on the JW religion.

• blondie
    blondie
    Question-- if a JW is disfellowshipped for having too much association with a non-witness- is this JW likely to be refused a reinstatement as long as he is associating with her-- and if so- will he be allowed to talk to her again to some degree after he is reinstated?

No one is DF'd for just talking or going to the movies or going shopping at the mall with a non-witness. But if there is sexual contact in a way that the WTS interprets as over the line, that is what leads to DFing assuming they determine you are not 'repentant.' You must have 'works befitting repentance' so if you are still associating with the person you stepped over the line with sexually, they will determine that you are not producing those works and will not reinstate. But once you are reinstated, even if you are on restrictions, you can talk to them all you want as long as they are of age. They cannot cancel your reinstatement unless you sin again. Neither may be viewed as spiritual good company and may be marked though, and privileges may be withheld. Love, Blondie (isn't the theocratic language a hoot?)

• Flash
    Flash

sugarbritches

We never spent a night together- our only time together was at this community building where we sang. I still go there- although i don't have a band to sing with anymore- he isn't allowed to have a band anymore- again too much association with non- witnesses. Crazy isn't it. Thanks guys

Crazy is putting it mildly!! Unless you two had sex (of any kind) or he became a drunk or used drugs, THEY HAVE NO GROUNDS TO DISFELLOWSHIP HIM. He should appeal it and fight it.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    They cannot cancel your reinstatement unless you sin again.

ROFL

And to think I believed all this legalistic tripe when I was 'In the Lie'. The whole cult is based on appearance so they can deceive people into believing it's from God. It's like taking a shower to get rid of cancer.

• sugarbritches
    sugarbritches

no- there was never any sex- they just told him and then later they told me that JW"S aren't allowed to associate on a regular basis with non-witnesses except in the case of like say job employment. Sex had nothing to do with this- thanks for your posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit