The Evil Slave ...Oh..A Question, Also..

by Englishman 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Englishman
    Englishman

Years ago, when my Pop was on one of his "serving where the need is great" missions, we finished up living in Yeovil, down in darkest Somerset.

The meetings were held in a 2 story rented hall. The Kingdom Hall was on the lower floor. Above was another, almost identical hall that was also rented. Strangely, the uppermost hall was rented by another religious group, and I was informed by our PO that this group were a breakaway sect of the JW's that he referred to as "The Evil Slave".

Even more confusingly, the upper hall held it's meetings at the same times as we held ours. Also, the toilets were shared between us and them. One could be stood at a urinal happily piddling away, then an "Evil slaver" would wander in, stand in the next urinal and try to make conversation. I always said hello which, I was later informed, was extremely verboten. Tut tut, bad Englishman.

Weirder still, when a witness wedding was held, the happy couple would marry in the local Registry office and then hold the wedding reception in the Evil Slave hall above the KH! The KH was not for the holding of receptions apparently.

Anyway, I'm digressing with all of this chatter. What I want to know is this: Are the Evil Slave class supposed to be an actual organised religion, similar to what existed above the Yeovil KH, or is the term "Evil slave" a broadly viewed reference to anyone who's just stopped being a JW?

Englishman.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I think its the latter Eman....although i think the Evil Slave is a great name for a breakaway cult from JW's...funnily enough i think both were as evil as the other....although none would admit it.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I've never heard of this "evil slave religion" probably they got another "official" name ?

but you are right: that was a weird situation.

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

JWs are divided into various classes or categories. People who entered the Organization prior to 1919 and stayed loyal constitute the Mordecai class and the Naomi class. Those entering 1922-1935 are the Esther class and Ruth class. Together these two groups form the wise servant class. (w1972 2/1 85)

The defectors of 1917-1919 who formed organized groups are the evil slave class. The 144,000 are the heavenly class. The great crowd is the earthly class, Jonadab class, Ebed Melech class, etc. Christendom is the Edom class. Christian ministers constitute the swine class and the false Christ class and goat class. (w1972 2/1 88)

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Englishman,

They don't even know. They make things up as they go along.

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They like to talk about it as though it were a real, united organised resistance movement to the JW cause. (dont we just wish?), but of course they see it with Satan the Devil at the head..Of course in their fantasy world the New World Society are enjoying "spiritual security" and are happy little lambs of the true shepherd. In contrast the Evil Slave are cast outside this place of tranquility and spend their time wailing and gnashing their teeth .. I guess it feeds the paranoia and persecution complex.

Of course they also use it to refer to any individual who used to be in, but now disagrees...

Joking apart , when engaging in family "debates" about the subject , dubs do really view the "Apostate community" as an organised force ..They cannot grasp the idea of a loose band of disparate and differing individuals, that have just one thing in common, disagreement with the Borg

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS identifies any anointed JW (Bible Student) that left as part of the evil slave. Of course, the JW or Bible Student may say that they left the WTS because they are the evil slave.

Matthew 24:45-51 ***

"Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

"But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ?My master is delaying,? 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.
  • Terry
    Terry
    EVIL SLAVE

There is much irony here. Much.

If you owned a time machine and could go back in time and visit the men and women of previous eras of Jehovah's Witlessdom you'd be talking (ALWAYS!) to evil slaves. Why?

Their teachings and manner of worship would ALWAYS differ from current orthodoxy, that's why.

The Millennial Dawn people are the way Charles Taze Russell (the original Faithful and Discreet Slave) left them before Rutherford bullied his way into stewardship. They have not tarnished Russell's teachings one iota. They are absolutely faithful to his messege and continue to make his DIVINE PLAN OF THE AGES available at cost.

Who changed Russell's messege and started browbeating the brethern with outrageous dictates and pressures? The entire future history of Jehovah's Witnesses from the time of Rutherford onward.

The Evil Slave is the one who makes life untenable for those trying to serve the master. The Pharisees were criticised by Jesus for putting burden's on people they could not carry. I ask any honest person to look at the burden carried by JW's today. Take your choice of who is who in this EVIL SLAVE question.

Terry

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Anyway, I'm digressing with all of this chatter. What I want to know is this: Are the Evil Slave class supposed to be an actual organised religion, similar to what existed above the Yeovil KH, or is the term "Evil slave" a broadly viewed reference to anyone who's just stopped being a JW?

I have been called 'The Evil Slave' by the dubs in my community because I dare expose the Governing Body of Joe Hoba's Witnesses for the liars and theives they are for stealing what is not theirs.... adoration, worship and faith.

• garybuss
    garybuss

We are a diverse group and not united in any tangible way. We actually only really exist in the delusions of the Jehovah's Witnesses. When I was a Witness, evil slave was anybody who was once a Witness but didn't believe. Believing disfellowshipped and believing disassociated, and believing walkaways were not called evil slave class here in Dakota.

By the old definitions, I would be an evil slave today. I'd be in very good company:-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit