not beards but...double standards?

by zaphod 13 Replies latest jw friends

• zaphod
    zaphod

i saw a debate on here about why men cannot have beards in org and it kinda got me thinking.

if a sister decided that she wanted to go natural (as god intended) and not shave her legs or her armpits (let's leave lady beards - the poor cows have got enough on their plate without engaging in debate about it) would that be frowned upon?

say, if a french or a german sister came to the congregation, looking like she was wearing afghan boots and had two fair sized hamsters nesting in her pits. would the brothers have valid reason to counsel her?

if nena (99 red balloons - yes i am knocking on a bit), or julia roberts came into the truth? would a kindly older sister make them a gift of a gillette contour and a can of foam?

just wondered.

zaphod

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I seem to recall many women walking around with two bushels ripe for harvest.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

LMAO!

I'm with elsewhere on this. In the congs I attended, most women didn't shave their legs or underarms (or face for that matter). I never knew why, either.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Call me crazy....but I find a slight bit of facial hair, the thin mustache on some women, quite appealing, unique, and yes, on the right upper lip, very sexy!!!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

We had one younger guy ask this woman (who was in bad need of a clipping) in the hall. "What's with the beard thing"?

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• blondie
    blondie

You're just jealous. In Europe at one time only female prostitutes shaved their legs and under their arms.

Blondie

• rebel8
    rebel8
    In the congs I attended, most women didn't shave their legs or underarms (or face for that matter).

Wow. You're not that far away from me, and I can't say I ever saw that at the kingkong hall.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I SUPPORT HIRSUTE WOMEN!

Why do women shave/slave according to men's dictates? It's a free world people.

Just don't wear nylons over the un-shaven leg please ...shivers...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Years ago I went through a phase of not wanting to shave my legs. I bleached it. I didn't do it for long - too much trouble. But I am sure that at one point one of the busybody women would have made a remark. They seem to feel they have a god-given right to give suggestions to those they don't approve of.

LHG

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"In Europe at one time only female prostitutes shaved their legs and under their arms."

Bring me a Euro-hooker!

Dan-O, of the 'doesn't like hairy chicks' class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit