Attendant ever treat you like a child at convention?

by avishai 40 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Not at an assembly because the only time anyone tried it I told them to 'bite me'.

But at the kingdum hall, there was this one MS who was always trying to move up doing 'back of the hall' duty. I had a little one who was really colliky and cranky as a bear with a sore butt. There was not much I could do to soothe her except pace the back of the hall or at least stand there and rock her.

One sunday, she was being particularly difficult and I had been under a lot of fire for not coming to the meetings regularly so even with a cranky little one, I came to the hall.

As I'm standing in the back trying to keep her occupied and rocking back and forth, this young stinker comes up to me and says, " you need to do a better job of controling (childs name)." I snapped back, outloud so that at least the last four rows heard me, "If you really cared you'd offer to hold her for a little while so that I could sit down and actually hear a meeting for the first time in 14 months!" As I said this, I simply placed her in his arms. She grabbed hold of his tie and seemed facinated. He was standing there with a toddler chewing on his silk tie and looked at the elder sitting in the back row for direction. The elder just shook his head and laughed outloud.

I took my seat and listened to the first public talk that I had heard in several months. It was pretty good too. All the while I could hear (childs name) in the back cooing at said MS and mangling his tie. At the song, he returned my kidlett and just shook his head smiling.

Edited to add the following:

OMG that is so funny, Candidly! I took so long typing up my reply that I did not see yours above... LOL... we have soooo much in common! LOL

i had a cranky infant once and the only way to sooth him was to walk and walk and walk... an attendant fussed at me told me to take my seat and i HANDED him the baby and said " whew thanks my feet are killing me" and started walking off. lmao..he hurried up and caught me and gave me the baby back and laughed.
  • Soledad
    Soledad
    Did the sisters ever rip the coverings off the mirrors?

absolutely

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This is a story I heard from friends of mine at a convention in Texas.

The convention was over and the attendants were directing the cars out of the parking lots.

Well.......you know how the handicapped parking spaces are close to the building. Well, these spots were also the closest ones to be able to get to the road.

The attendants let the handicapped parkers out first, ...........for a solid hour.

My friends husband fineally went to the attendant and said........When we are in our cars we are all equal.........Let the rest of us out of here!

The other cars started to honk their horns........and the attendants fineally let the other lines out.

He did have a point.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I was just a gullible sheep. I followed those signs (most of the time).

But OMG, Candidly - this was too funny!! I just started giggling here. Still!!

i had a cranky infant once and the only way to sooth him was to walk and walk and walk... an attendant fussed at me told me to take my seat and i HANDED him the baby and said " whew thanks my feet are killing me" and started walking off. lmao..he hurried up and caught me and gave me the baby back and laughed.

Thanks for the laughs!!

Anyone else have a story to contribute? C'mon There's GOT to more...!!

-Aude.

• Angharad
    Angharad
    And here was I thinking Simon was quiet

Simon was already having doubts and was on his way out of the WT mentally, so he didnt want to be there anyway !

He had the audacity to look at his watch as I approached and shook his head...as though I had no right to be there...he didnt know where to look when I told him I had the runs....it was a complete lie...but hillarious to say the least.

LOL priceless, I remember Nothenden Assembly Hall, I spent many hours counting the circles or whatever they were that decorated the part above and around the platform Remember the really nice comfy chairs upstairs, they always closed that section off - I suppose too many were falling asleep! We need to keep the sheep on hard, uncomfortable plastic chairs downstairs

HANDED him the baby and said " whew thanks my feet are killing me" and started walking off

That was brilliant, I'll bet he thought twice before doing that again

Iam glad Simon taught him a colorful phrase, in my wrath and misery I would have done worse
    If someone did that to me now that I've been out a while I would bite their head off too.
  • tijkmo
    tijkmo

when i was attendant at kh or convention i would take babies so the mothers could listen...i thought that was the job of an attendant...+ i enjoyed it

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    when i was attendant at kh or convention i would take babies so the mothers could listen

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I was holding my now girlfriends hand and leading her to her seat because she was wearing rediculously high sexxxy heels and we had to walk up those steep stairs. The attendent asked why, I explained. He said she could make it on her own. We ignored him. Then walking out, she stepped on his toes with one of those stillettos and i "checked" him with my shoulder, knocking back into the wall.. Oh, the priviledges of serving jah!

• Es
    Es

Isnt that there job.... i just got the usual please be seated sign in my face heheheh es

• Honesty
    Honesty
    i had a cranky infant once and the only way to sooth him was to walk and walk and walk... an attendant fussed at me told me to take my seat and i HANDED him the baby and said " whew thanks my feet are killing me" and started walking off. lmao..he hurried up and caught me and gave me the baby back and laughed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit