Attendant ever treat you like a child at convention?

by avishai 40 Replies latest jw friends

• catchthis
    catchthis

How about those black on white signs that said "Quiet Please," "Keep Moving," and "Please Find Your Seats." Like clockwork, those signs would get raised above everyone's heads by the attendants. The Find Your Seats sign would be used during the 10 minute musical interlude just before the morning session would begin and also right after lunch just before the afternoon session would begin.

The Keep Moving sign would be used by roving attendants - the ones that would walk circles around the corridors. This was to encourage herding everyone to keep walking and not to clog up the corridor by talking with your friends. These signs typically were only seen during the lunch break.

And of course the Quiet Please sign was also for the roving attendants circling the corridors. This sign was to used to bring about guilt for speaking too loudly in the corridor when walking with a friend. You would only see these signs during the assembly parts.

• freedom96
    freedom96

So many of the attendants seemed to love their job, as if they were above anyone else.

I did it once, and only because it made a good excuse not to have to sit through the entire assembly. I didn't bother anyone. I couldn't have cared less.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I had problems with attendants of both sexes. Once there was a sister in the bathroom that made a remark about everybody taking too long! Then there was the idiot woman at the coliseum a couple of years ago who decided to shorten the line of the ladies room by bringing the back half of the line to the front. The only thing she accomplished was making us angry by putting a dozen or so women in front of us. What a moron!

Then some years ago at Yankee stadium some nervy male attendant (I think he was truly crazy) thought he was going to unseat us for some reason. I think he wanted his friends to be in our area. I made it very clear I wasn't going to go anywhere. I know I was very unchristian but I didn't care. I was ready for a fight. I was hot, itchy and miserable and had it up to here. I don't know how I put up with any of it!

LHG

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Never have I heard of an assembly where it was too cold
    never been to scotland then

I remember the wind ripping through Murrayfield too, a lot of people wrapped in blankets or inside sleeping bags. Tha last assembly I went to in 2003 was the only one where I didn't have problems parking, I went on my motorbike and simply rode straight past the attendents trying to direct me to a parking place and parked next to the arena entrance instead. The best story I was told was about my ex's sister at the 2003 Manchester convention. She wasn't a witness and was just wearing jeans to accompany her jw family. During one of the sessions she took her bored 2 yr old for a walk and was stopped by an attendant from taking the smartly dressed child out of the arena. He had the best of intentions but his attituderesulted in him getting a few good punches to the head! Wish I could have seen it!

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    The last assembly we went to, I was very very pregnant and had very swollen feet because of the heat (baby was born a week later) and we also had a ratty, hot, bored two year old Liam -so you can imagine the fun eh?

The air conditioning seemed to be turned off and it was too hot in the arena, we took Liam for a walk on the circle that goes around the arena. We were immediately stopped and told that we shouldn't be walking around during the sessions. We carried on, Simon was playing with Liam, I decided to sit in a seat that was against the wall, little attendant appears out of nowhere are tells me I can't sit there as its for attendents only- Simon stepped in a taught him a new phrase Then a while later we decided to take the lift, rather than me having to walk up the stairs to the top of the stand and then right down again to the front to get underneath the seating area where they the mother's room was - little attendent stops the doors closing and tells us to get out of the lift its for attendents only ! Simon taught him an even more colourful phrase We went home early shorty after that !

That's a great way to treat the weaker vessel GRRRR!

If these idiots had any idea how hateful it is to be 35+ weeks pregnant in the heat. Iam glad Simon taught him a colorful phrase, in my wrath and misery I would have done worse....those damn hormones!

DL76

• JustMeNonJDub
    JustMeNonJDub

My ex and I had a big problem with an Attendant at Dodger Stadium. She was fresh off a c-section, and wanted to sit in the back few rows, which incidently are reserved for the "elderly and infirm." So we got our seats and began unloading the baby's bag and bookbags. I then left to grab b'fast for her and me. When I got back a gaggle of attendants had surrounded her and were asking her to move for the reason stated above. I moved in and asked the attendants if they wanted to see the proof that my wife, son and I could sit there? The lead attendant stated that I was having an attitude and that he would speak to the elders from my congregation. I told him to have at it.

Well, about 20 minutes later here comes the attendant and the PO of the cong. and he told the attendant that he was way out of line, and was not showing proper Christian love. He also said that it was obvious that he had no business being an attendant.

Little did that attendant know that the PO of the cong. was my father.

• loosie
    loosie
    Little did that attendant know that the PO of the cong. was my father.

Perfect would have loved to see the look on his face.

My girlfriends and I were going to attend a second DC one summer (glutton for punishment you say, nope just looking for new brothers), we had already been to ours. I don't know how we managed to it but we got lost. We decided to eat and go to the end of the session. It's not like we were missing any spritual food we had already had our assigned DC that year. This was purely for the purpose of meeting new brothers.

Anyway as the closing song was being sung we were walking up the DC site. Some brother younger than us said to his friends well look at this just coming for the end of the convention. Well one of my friends motuhed off at him. It was funny but had to be there for the full effect.

• JeffT
    JeffT

When I went to my first DC it was one of those five day things in Vancouver BC. It was all new to me, so I thought it was all interesting. But I don't remember the attendents doing much of this kind of stuff. Maybe if some snot-nosed brat had mouthed off to me I never would have continued my study. You'd think they would take some care not to offend a newbie.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the bathroom nazis always irked me..

one fussed at me for puking in the garbage can.. asked her would she prefer i threw up on her shoes? (all the stalls were taken)

another time i tore up the tape on the mirror to fix my hair and one screeched at me like i'd done something HORRIBLE.. told her if i'm going to be judged on my apperance then i'm going to check it. and she was welcome to tape it back up ..then i ranted about the mens room mirrors not being taped up and how sexist that was... i had several other w omen applauding me lmao

i had a cranky infant once and the only way to sooth him was to walk and walk and walk... an attendant fussed at me told me to take my seat and i HANDED him the baby and said " whew thanks my feet are killing me" and started walking off. lmao..he hurried up and caught me and gave me the baby back and laughed.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

yes. arrogant attendants are almost the worst. one time an attendant told me to clear an aisle whilst i was talking with a friend. he said people needed to get by. i looked up and down the aisle, literally no one coming toward me. looked at how much space i was taking: one body space out of four that made the width of the aisle. i said "no. i am not going anywhere as i am not blocking anyone." he looked at me incredulously and said "i beg your pardon? get out of the aisle". i looked at him in the eyes and said forcefully "no." he got really upset and took my name and cong from my badge and went to the convetion administration. my PO was the overseer of the convention. he was really upset by the time he got there to complain about me to my PO. my PO verbally thrashed me for it later. but i don't care. i am glad i stood up to that guy. jerk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit