Is yours a PURPOSE DRIVEN life?

by Terry 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Are you coasting along day by day taking it as it comes?

Are you planning for emergencies and setting aside for the unexpected? Sacrificing here and there to have something later?

Are you like a pet hamster on an exercise wheel just driving it full speed and going nowhere?

Or.....

Is your life driven by a purpose?

When you were a JW your life had a specific purpose and everything you did worked toward it: surviving Armageddon and living on God's paradise earth for all eternity.

But-----that is GONE!

The void must be filled. Nature abhors a vacuum.

What flowed in when the JW's Divine purpose leaked out?

WHAT HAS BECOME YOUR PURPOSE which drives your life?

Terry

• Quentin
  • Quentin
    Quentin

"What flowed in when the JW's Divine purpose leaked out?"

My family. There is nothing greater in my life than their well being. There is nothing that drives me more than to take care of their needs, whatever that may be.

• carla
    carla

Have you been reading Rick Warren? carla

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sphere:
    Is it?

• Terry
    Terry
    Have you been reading Rick Warren? carla

Ha ha ha! I shelve that book every day at the Half Priced Books store I work in.

I've never read it; but, it has been on the bestseller list for THREE YEARS!

I'm guessing christians have a hunger for purpose which requires a constant supply of these books.

You simply would not believe how much (in my opinion) crap goes into the religion section and is nothing more than some goofball spouting the most obvious platitudes.

Shouldn't the Scriptures supply what is needed? I guess not.

T.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'm not sure what my purpose is. I think I probably don't have one. I'm just a human living on planet earth. My goal is to leave as many friends as possible when I die. I want to be a friend to many and an enemy of none (maybe almost none). I want my resentments to be memories and to have a belly laugh every day.

I want to sign my name on as many good deals as possible. I want to make and sign more furniture and I want my sons and their families and their mother to cry when I die. I want to keep learning and I want to be comfortable even in pain.

If I had a magic wand, I'd change every wrong I ever did to anyone. If I had a time machine I'd like to visit Germany in the middle 1800's and meet my grandparent's parents and their extended families.

If I could do anything, I'd like to keep doing what I'm doing now.

• franklin J
    franklin J

hands down....

my wife and children

without them I would be just another "loose moraled" New York bachelor; a tom cat ;I would be nothing more than an aimless; wandering diletante.

My family has given me indellible meaning and a connection with the future which I would not otherwise have.

Religion has nothing to do with the meaning of my life .

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

My purpose in life changed 8 years before I left the JWs. I just concentrate on my career now.

Walter

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I feel like my purpose is to give my kids more love, affection, self-esteem and just more of a normal childhood than I had. And to do everything I can to discourage them from being interested in the WTS, actually to discourage everyone I meet from becoming interested in WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit