Do You Shine on Your Job?

by prophecor 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• prophecor
    prophecor

Thanks all for your responses. I ask because I sometimes can take my jobs way too seriously, investing extravagent amounts of energy to a job that most of my peers just kinda' take at face value.

I have a tendency to drive too hard, myself that is, and attack a job like one who goes on a butterfly hunt with a 12 gauge shotgun. Then I wonder why some of my co-workers kinda' think I'm a couple beers short a 6-pack.

It kinda' follows in every other thing I do as well. NTH Degree Extremetism. Just looking to see where I might be able to gauge some balance.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I sometimes can take my jobs way too seriously, investing extravagent amounts of energy to a job that most of my peers just kinda' take at face value.

I have a tendency to drive too hard, myself that is, and attack a job like one who goes on a butterfly hunt with a 12 gauge shotgun. Then I wonder why some of my co-workers kinda' think I'm a couple beers short a 6-pack.

It kinda' follows in every other thing I do as well. NTH Degree Extremetism. Just looking to see where I might be able to gauge some balance.

I know how this feels...balance is important and yet the most difficult of things to establish...good luck.

• kls
    kls

I is a bumb so i don't shine but good morning Prop

• rebel8
    rebel8
    a means to an end

Blech. That's a JW saying. "Jobs are just a means to an end, to earn enough money to live on so we can afford to pioneer until this old world ends."

• gumby
    gumby

How'd you know what I did?

alt alt
    alt
    altaltalt
    altClick to view the next photo. 

Photo by Adrian Green. alt
    altaltalt
    Gumshoeshinner
    alt
    alt

alt
    alt

alt
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am not a star. I prefer to stay in the background but when you do good work the boss likes you and certain other people can't help but hate you. It is a no-win situation!

LHG

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Yeah, I'm a star. I rock, and everyone here knows it. But knowing it and acknowledging it in a tangible way are not necessarily the same thing.

It's time for this star to fade.

Walter

• Mac
    Mac

Damnit Gumby........

I hate it when you beat me to a reply..though, mine was void of graphic display...

Bastard, bastard, bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

mac, 1=! class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit