The Pain & Devastation of Learning the Truth about "the Truth"

by MerryMagdalene 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The Topic Title says it all.Until it hits home personally to each and every one of the rank and file, DO., CO, Elders, Pioneers, MS, etc. they feel no pain, no devastation.

Thanks for sharing.

Blueblades

• rebel8
    rebel8

MerryM, You have a PM.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

It's so sad to hear of the pain and devastation inflicted on individuals by this destructive and deceitful cult group. We are all in the throws of healing - it's impossible for those who've not gone thru it to understand how difficult a process this is, and how long the affects of being a witness linger in the hearts and minds of former members. MM, Let your friend know that we are here to help - as we have received help by sharing our experiences.

sweet tee of the 'you are not alone' class

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Thanks, everyone!

I will email my friend today and pass on your loving invitations. I know he goes to the freeminds site frequently so maybe he'll make JWD part of his routine very soon...he does belong here IMO and I know he has some other very interesting things to share w/us.

~Merry

p.s. I never would have imagined it, as a dub, that it is actually apostates of the WTS who are fulfilling this scripture: "...to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to those taken captive and the wide opening [of the eyes] even to the prisoners..." -- Isaiah 61:1

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    p.s. I never would have imagined it, as a dub, that it is actually apostates of the WTS who are fulfilling this scripture: "...to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to those taken captive and the wide opening [of the eyes] even to the prisoners..." -- Isaiah 61:1

that's deep merry

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Please tell your friend how much I appreciated his letter and particularly what they said about the lengths JWs being prepared to go to showing them of the same dangerous mentality of the terrorists and other religious fanatics in the world.

I hope your friend will contribute further to the board and let us be like brothers and sisters and mates!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

wow. i felt like it was me talking. he wrote that with such lucidity. it is incredible how similar the emotional pain of what we have all gone through is. it must be unlike anything else in this world. i am glad i read his feelings. i am glad we have this board. and i hope he comes over to read and post with us all. thanks for that merry.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

That letter reminded me of how difficult it was for me mentally and physically leaving the dubs. It was the hardest thing I had ever done.. but they all think I left to live a life of debauchery. It really is an evil, evil organization.

GBL

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Hey, everybody----he's here!!! Kinda snuck up on me too he did and I have been terribly remiss in giving him a formal welcome and giving the rest of you an update...so here it is now...

His forum name is Skyman~

Welcome, buddy...glad your here (sorry it took me so long to catch on...)

~Merry

• david_10
    david_10

Thanks, Merry, for sharing his story-------------------------it's the best description that I've ever read of what it's like to leave the organization. Everything he said, I remember so vividly.

And welcome, Skyman, I'll be looking for you.

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit