Bookstudy Group Disbanded......haha

by Mary 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hi HappyDad

Yes same thing here too. But hopefully in the future, all of them will become havens for ravens & jackals eh?

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

My old cong has gone froma peak of 5 bookstudies down to 2. Also lost the TMS in the second school a while back. THe first memorial we had in our new Hall in 1988 was attended by 130....last year the was around 85. This year? I have no idea no idea, none of my friends or relatives attended.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings ValiantBoy,

All I can say is Strike up the band! Thanks for the good news

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• Mary
    Mary

My old cong has gone froma peak of 5 bookstudies down to 2. Also lost the TMS in the second school a while back

Oh my god, I forgot about the Second School!! We haven't had a Second School in years.........although we "made one up" for our last CO who I'm sure was a Nazi in a former life. You know what the dork tried to enforce in all the halls he was assigned to? After the closing song and prayer on Sundays, everyone had to sit while they had a Field Service demonstration for the next 5 minutes in a vain attempt to try and get everyone to go out in Service Sunday afternoons.......this was infuriating as we always went overtime on the WT study anyway and this new brain storming idea lasted only about 3 months. They realized it wasn't working when several people simply refused to remain in their seats after the closing prayer and simply headed out the doors.......geeze, I guess our lack of appreciation really shone through on those days!!

• delilah
    delilah

That's funny Mary. I wondered whose study group it was??? My favourite Elder "who had to step down"????? I still think it's only a matter of time before the two congs become one again anyways, in our area. I know, I'm being very naughty....

Dee

• paws
    paws

I had the book study group in my home for many months about 16yrs ago because no one else was willing. I was pregnant at the time with my third bairn at the age of 37.

I use to try really hard to make the brothers/sisters very welcome...making drinks and snacks after etc.

Then one night, the elder who was taking the study had the most enormous full on row with another brother in front of everyone. It was awful. I was very pregnant and very distressed. After that I refused to have either brother in my home and the group was moved to the hall.

Warmest wishes to everyone here

Paws

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

You know what the dork tried to enforce in all the halls he was assigned to? After the closing song and prayer on Sundays, everyone had to sit while they had a Field Service demonstration for the next 5 minutes in a vain attempt to try and get everyone to go out in Service Sunday afternoons.......this was infuriating as we always went overtime on the WT study anyway and this new brain storming idea lasted only about 3 months. They realized it wasn't working when several people simply refused to remain in their seats after the closing prayer and simply headed out the doors...
    That's funny. In the Olympia congregation there was a completely by the book elder named Bud. A more straight laced guy you could not find; however, at the end of book study he had a publisher demonstrate a presentation to help everyone to be prepared for service, after which he asked for a volunteer for next week. I noticed this came to an immediate end right after the CO visited the book study group. Probably something to do with adding to the slave's arrangement.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Java I didn't realise that the society controlled the elders so tightly and you had to be formally dressed in book studies even at home. Real control freaks.
    I hardly ever attended these since two boring meetings per week was already more than enough.

• morty
    morty

well, it had been many a year since I stepped into a book study but, I know when the Vicki Boer situation hit our congo, we were all scattered all over the places for bookstudies...I believe the orignal 4-5 were brought down to 2 and even those ones, were later held at the kingdumb h-e- double hockey sticks.......

I donnot know what the numbers are now though...They would not let me in there with a ten foot pole now...I am an evil person now ya know...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I use to try really hard to make the brothers/sisters very welcome...making drinks and snacks after etc.

Hey, Paws, I wish I had been in your group - but it is a long way down to Bristol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit