Anointed Christians throughout 2,000 years

by ozziepost 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'm serious here, what attraction do you guys find to that tired book? E-mail me privately if you would like.

It seems like clinging to your past to me. So what if everyone you grew up around believed it, that does NOT make it inspired of God. So what DOES make it inspired?

Has it become just a passionate hobby? Like a riddle that no one can get?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Ozzie,

No offense taken. It's all just an interesting discussion. (If you want to offend me, mate, you'll need to try harder!!)

Six,

Perhaps it seems like we're spinning our wheels here, going over nit-picky points that some crazed older man wrote 1,905 years ago? The "attraction" to the book is that it is still the worldwide all-time best seller, it STILL attracts an enormous amount of interest and attrmtion. So it doesn't hurt to be knowledgeable about it. That's a separate issue from whether every part of the book has merit. As I'm seeking truth, I'm finding some parts of the Bible more relevant and even more believable than other parts. But I am not (at this point in my searching/development) ready yet to throw out the whole book (akin to throwing out the baby with the bathwater). So yes, it is like a riddle (as opposed to a joke).

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• kes152
    kes152

Greetings all!

I have some to 'share' if it is ok with you.

Shane:

you said:

OK "AS IF FIRE" Again the point is there is no manifestation that God Jehovah, or Jesus is with the 144000 to either make it plainly evident to them self's or to others, that they are who they claim to be. One would think such an important assignment as this would have some sort of backing to indicate some assurance that they are real, to them self's and more importantly to THOSE WHO PUT TRUST IN THEM.

I understand what you are saying, and this is the scripture I was 'given' to share with you. He says:

"let God be found true, though EVERY MAN a LIAR,"

Romans 3:4

the 'anointed' are "men" also, are they not? Doesn't that mean that 'anointed' MEN will/CAN be found LIARS, but GOD be found true? Why would the 'anointed' lie? Perhaps many have enjoyed the 'glory' of being called 'anointed' to the point they would DENY Christ to please their "listeners." They "loved the glory of men MORE than the glory of God."

Did God warn us of this?

CURSED!!!! is the man putting his trust in man (anointed or NOT) .... Jeremiah 17:5

Psalms 146:3

So if we can't trust the 'anointed' who do we trust?

"Look! Here I am laying in Zion a stone .... NO ONE putting his trust in him will be ashamed."

"This is my Son, the one whom I love, LISTEN TO HIM"

Jesus cried out: "He that puts faith in me, puts faith not in me, but in him that sent me."

The apostles never told ones to follow them, they all directed ones to Jesus. The holy spirit bore witness to Jesus, the Father told us to go to Jesus, Jesus said "Come to ME," and even the Bible directs us to Jesus, the "Promised One." We were not directed to the 'anointed ones' ... only to one "Anointed One," even Christ.

you also said:

"I guess that is why I have become so disillusioned with religion is that they make big boasts and put on such airs as to there righteousness and that they have Gods backing. "

Religion does that to you. My purpose and hope is NOT to get you to believe whether I have God's backing or not. My hope is that you will receive God's backing and 'truth' straight from God.

Gopher:

you said:

"Well... that old Watchtower training does linger on, doesn't it? I can't cite a specific scripture, so your conclusion is quite reasonable... that God looks at all humankind to see who are faithful...."

If I may, what exactly do you mean by "faithful" ones? Are you refering to ones who have done some service to God and have shown they were faithful? Or are we speaking of ones who put "actual FAITH" in the Son of God and have "believed IN him?" Ones who have "accepted" and "received the Son of God" and thus were given 'authority' to be 'sons of God' (which is available to anyone wishing) BECAUSE of his name?

Peace everyone!
    Aaron

• Shane
    Shane

Gopher says >>>If I may, what exactly do you mean by "faithful" ones? Are you refering to ones who have done some service to God and have shown they were faithful? Or are we speaking of ones who put "actual FAITH" in the Son of God and have "believed IN him?" Ones who have "accepted" and "received the Son of God" and thus were given 'authority' to be 'sons of God' (which is available to anyone wishing) BECAUSE of his name? <<<
    Well in all honesty I mean any human that is or has been faithful to the creator, in prayer and all the many facets of striving to please him in an imperfect way, that really only God in his infinite wisdom can fully understand and know their limitations. I do not put much trust in the idea of a faithful and discreet slave class anymore, it makes me sick to heart. The very thought of it reminds me of the hierarchy of what has become known as Jehovah's Witness's who make many statements that do not come true, and they are not a loving spokesman for God when it comes to dealing with other humans that are just like them" imperfect, and will be imperfect till God makes us perfect not until then,a God directed and inspired body of men as they say they are. So in answer to your question, faithful ones too are anyone whose heart is on bent knees sort to speak in the sight of God, and only he knows who fits that description, NO one else is able to speak for the creator or judge the heart of man.
    This is my convection on the matter. ~Shane

• Gopher
    Gopher

Aaron,

Shane said it quite well, about 'faithfulness'.

In addition to faith and belief, the scripture says "Faith without works is dead". So works give proof that our faith is real, however works don't save us. Shane gave a good outline of the works God reasonably expects.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit