Anointed Christians throughout 2,000 years

by ozziepost 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shane
    Shane

Again, not to belabor the issue, but as can be seen from the message below, it again is one persons inner feelings and the whole family of man as it were is to have the utmost confidence in his or her profound subliminal feelings that they somehow have been notified by the supreme being to be rulers with Christ in heaven. While in the apostles day such things were evident, case in point Christ proved himself to be the messiah by his fulfillment of prophesy, and miracles.
    In pentecost there were flames of fire on the heads of those in the room, and so on.

IN REPLY TO:
    The feeling is not vague:
    Rom 8:15-17
    15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

Gal 4:6-7
    6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."

Mark 14:36
    36 "Abba, Father," he said,

1 John 3:1-2
    The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

pomegranate

My point is with such a weighty responsibility for such a position as out line by the Witness's where is substantial evidence as a divine source, a reasonable man would see none, whereas even the non Christians inn Christ's time could see what was really from God.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I should just like to pick up on a little point made by Shane, where he said: "In pentecost there were flames of fire on the heads of those in the room, and so on."

This is a common misconception amongst the Witnesses. Perhaps it's the result of seeing illustrations in the publications showing a flame ('tongue of fire') above the head of each assembled Christian at Pentecost.

Please re-read the narrative of Acts chapter 2 where verses 3 and 4 read: "And tongues as if of fire became visible to them and were distributed about, and one sat upon each one of them, and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak with different tongues, just as the spirit was granting them to make utterance." (NWT) Notice the words I have highlighted, "as if of fire". The NIV reads "They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire". Fire was a symbol of the divine presence and tongues is an appropriate metaphor because several languages are about to be spoken.

The scripture does not read "there were flames of fire on the heads of those in the room" as you have claimed.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"There are two ways of moving men, interest and fear" Napoleon

• Shane
    Shane

OK "AS IF FIRE" Again the point is there is no manifestation that God Jehovah, or Jesus is with the 144000 to either make it plainly evident to them self's or to others, that they are who they claim to be. One would think such an important assignment as this would have some sort of backing to indicate some assurance that they are real, to them self's and more importantly to those who put such trust in them.
    I guess that is why I have become so disillusioned with religion is that they make big boasts and put on such airs as to there righteousness and that they have Gods backing. In every instance I have ever read in the bible, or just plain horse sense dictates that proof should be evident. We truly are like puppets, or Borgs drones, believe it or die, do it or die, where is God in all of this?
    Sorry folks, it gives me projectile vomituss the plain stupidity of it all. Shane

• battman
    battman

maybe there were a very few, both geographically and
    chronilogically scattered, groups, over the course of two
    milleniums (2,000 years) but like where was the "Organization".

When the WTS wants it to be an "Organization"
    then that is all you hear about. But when it is a very
    tenious thread the concept of "Organization" is no longer
    mentioned. Typical JW/WTS "double speak" or as many
    posters would state - bullshit, bullshit, bullshit all the way.

battman

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

How glad we can be (tongue in cheek) that John Maynard Keynes fostered modern capitalism so that Jehovah could set up a corporation!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"You can know the law by heart, without knowing the heart of it"
    Philip Yancey, What's So Amazing About Grace?

• kes152
    kes152

Regarding "anointed christians"....

There is NO such thing. ALL "christians" in the scriptures were 'anointed.' In fact.. the word "christian" when you break the word down is "christ" + "ian." "Christ" means 'anointed' and "ian" means "people." Hence the word "christian" MEANS "anointed people." Unless one has recieved the 'anointing' by holy spirit and is thus a "chosen one of Jah" .... they are not a "christian."

For if ANYONE does not have the 'spirit of Christ' in them, this one does not belong to him.

Romans 8:9

Peace to you all!
    Aaron

• joelbear
    joelbear

Gopher,

Remember, there was a peak of about 40,000 partakers in the 30's so the rest of centuries would have to settle on the other 100,000 or so and of course there are still 8,000, very few of whom were part of the 40,000 that were partakers in the 30's

• Gopher
    Gopher

Joelbear,

Your point is well taken. It further illustrates the improbability that literally only 144,000 Christians could have been chosen between the years of 33 and 1935!! This is not something that is discussed very much by the JW's or their leaders, and no wonder! It takes a great leap of faith to believe it.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• gladiamout
    gladiamout

have any of you ever noticed what big butt-heads the supposed anointed are? they are rude and self-important or the majority of them are anyway. i can't believe god would chose most of these people to lead his flock. i have really enjoyed reading your posts!

• gladiamout
    gladiamout

have any of you ever noticed what big butt-heads the supposed anointed are? they are rude and self-important or the majority of them are anyway. i can't believe god would chose most of these people to lead his flock. i have really enjoyed reading your posts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit