Anointed Christians throughout 2,000 years

by ozziepost 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

You forget, we now have the "anointed replacement class!" I suppose a few more years from now, we'll have the "anointed replacement for the replacement class!" Look at the ages of some of the new GB members as an example.

• Shane
    Shane

I remember once I seen a partaker of the emblems drink the wine while giving the talk for them, he got so wasted so fast cause he drank the whole dam thing at once. He could hardly talk straight what a farce, I laughed all the way home. Hell I want to be a partaker so i can drink that 18 percent wine. ~ Shane

• blondie
    blondie

Has some thoughts on whether FDS after 100 CE

http://caic.org.au/jws/frye.htm

• cosmo
    cosmo

I've got a question. What's happens to these "anointed" 144,000 after Christ reign? Do they come back to the Earth? Does God need them to help him govern?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Cosmo,

Good question! The Bible says that their reign lasts "forever and ever", but that contradicts with 1,000 year limit set out in Revelation. So the WT Society explains that by saying the EFFECTS of their rule last forever and ever. (Kinda clever, eh?)

They never come back to earth, in the way the Revelation and the Watchtower explain it, since they are immortal (incapable of dying). The teaching on what they do after the millenium is fuzzy, but they're always explained as remaining in heaven.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• cosmo
    cosmo

Thanks Gopher for the info.

Just one more question.

Does the annointed include women? If so, why?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Cosmo,

Awful question! Do you think only men are qualified to rule among the anointed??

But seriously, there were women present at the original anointing of the Christians in Jerusalem. See Acts 2:17,18. So the anointed are chosen from among both male and female faithful Christians.

Once they reach heaven, they become gender-neutral, that is, whether they were a man or woman before really doesn't matter. See Galatians 3:28 (best supporting scripture I could find, I'm not sure it's in the right context...don't have my regular Bible with me here in the office). God apparently wants a diverse background of individuals to rule in his Kingdom, so that the all different kinds of people may truly be helped by the Kingdom.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Gopher,

You've got me thinking and I needed that today. Thanks.

When you say that "So the anointed are chosen from among both male and female faithful Christians." isn't it more correct to say "so the anointed are chosen by God from among humankind". See the difference? The WTS need to have us believe in the choosing from among Christians but is it correct? Which scripture teaches that the choosing was from among persons already Christian? I don't know of any. Do you?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies"
    ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON, The Grandmother

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi Ozzie,

Well... that old Watchtower training does linger on, doesn't it? I can't cite a specific scripture, so your conclusion is quite reasonable... that God looks at all humankind to see who are faithful....

The only relevant scriptures I can dredge up (in the middle of the night here) are in Romans 8. Romans 8:17 speaks of the anointed as being "joint heirs of Christ, provided we suffer together that we may be glorified together". The idea of suffering together while not yet in a 'glorified' state, i.e., still here on earth, implies some form of association...not spelled out exactly.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Gopher,

It's getting pretty late here in Oz too. I read that text with interest. I note that it doesn't actually say that there is to be a special group from within the whole Christian association, does it?

BTW my use of a question here and in previous post was not intended to be interrogatory, more rhetorical, if you get my drift. I appreciate your comments and no offense was intended.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies"
    ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON, The Grandmother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit