Your BEST excuse for missing a meeting?

by ljwtiamb 39 Replies latest jw friends

• donald
    donald

i had a flat tire...there was a torando...there was a flood...no no no there was an hurricane....no wait no wait...the sky fell in....it wasnt my fault.....donald

• Krystal
    Krystal
    You people are really bad for wanted to be excused for missing meetings.

If we are all so EVIL then what are you doing associating with us ? 1 Cor 5:11 11 - But now I am writing YOU to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. (the biblical way of showing u the door! )

• El blanko
    El blanko

As a side note: it cannot be proven using scripture that failing to attend the prescribed amount of meetings each week, as a Christian, hampers ones salvation.

Maybe our new friend on the thread could use scripture to help us see where we are going wrong?

Just the Bible, no Watchtower articles

• zaphod
    zaphod

my best excuse

" i'm smoking a fag!"

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

When I was a Bethelite I could always say I had to work at headquarters. No one could question that one. That's one thing I miss about Bethel.

• professor
    professor

Hey el blanko:

Hebrews 10:25 "do not forsake the gathering..."

Don't you know that means every JW gathering? Duh!

• El blanko
    El blanko

Thanks prof, I needed my eyes opened

• Maverick
    Maverick

I told the "Brothers" that as a somewhat intelligent person I wanted to spend my free time with honest, loving, and friendly folks. They both bobbed their heads and waited for me to continue. And to make my point I repeated myself. Their expressions changed to looks of befuddlement. I explained that this was the reason I would not go to the Hall anymore. Then the dummies got what I was saying and, denied they were dishonest, rebuked me in very harsh and unloving terms, and left my home without even saying a proper good-bye!

As they left I thanked them for proving my point!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

many years ago i pretended to be unwell on a thursday night so i could stay off the meeting and watch top of the pops...uk music show...i wanted to see queens bohemian rhapsody video cos everyone at school was raving about it and it was my fave ever song (still is)...and it was way before the days of mtv etc so viewings were limited...plus we werent allowed to watch tv without parents present and all modern music was demonic....while you never knew in advance what songs were going to be included on the show the no 1 was always played in its entirety and queen had been no 1 for weeks....except this week they fell to no 4/5 and no falling songs were played.....i didnt get to see the video till many years later when i was married...still rocked

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

i always tried to get sick...and even though it played dual roles...i hated when my cycle came on..but it always gave me a excuse to miss meetings because miracously i'd get the worst cramps ever right before the meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit