Your BEST excuse for missing a meeting?

by ljwtiamb 39 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

cramps....and when that didn't work i'd go in the bathroom, gag myself w/ my toothbrush, and barf.... my mother fully believed in the saying "you shouldn't miss a meeting unless u'r as sick as Job or as old as Methusalah." what crap

needless to say, i ABHORED the meetings!!!!!

luv, kitty

• Mulan
    Mulan

"The baby had a difficult day, and I just have to stay home with him/her"

That one always worked. For about 20 years, Dave was the School Overseer, so he never got to stay home on Thursday nights. Hahahhaha.

• Badger
    Badger

"I have a game to ref."

I used that one to get out of the Memorial.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

My hamster died! HaHa No joke, I was 12 and very upset.

• Krystal
    Krystal

My grandmother was living with my family and sometimes when she wasn't feeling well she didn't want to stay home alone... so I got to stay home and look after her.

Which ususally consisted of talking with her from 7:30-8:30 (when she would go to bed) and I could go watch TV!!

Ahh... good times!!

• blondie
    blondie

As a single woman without children, babies did not work for me.

Even if you are really sick, many JWs make you feel you need a note from the doctor.

Develop an allergy to environmental scents, cleaning products, rug shampoo, perfume. There are products that don't cause allergy flareups but the elders will be too lazy or too cheap to get them. Then there is the remodel and the carpet, paint, etc., will kill you.

Stay home and call in to the meeting. Then go and do whatever you want at home and come back in two hours.

My best one was being in the hospital.

Blondie

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Once we left the house to go to a meeting but never got to the hall. Turned out a marathon was going on and it would've taken an hour to get to the hall.

• anasazi
    anasazi

You people are really bad for wanted to be excused for missing meetings.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Do you even know where you are at?

• bebu
    bebu

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/watchtower.pdf

For YOU, anasazi!

bebu

OOOPS. Sorry. I never missed any meetings, since I never aimed at one...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit