Would you share a winning lottery ticket???..help please

by morty 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I think your Brother should have given you a big hug and Thank you for being so generous. You didn't have to give him anything.

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge
    I think your Brother should have given you a big hug and Thank you for being so generous. You didn't have to give him anything

Agreed....too bad he has to be like that, I thought you did a nice thing giving him $50, you didn't have to share at all. Let him be pissed, he's got $60 out of it, out of the kindness of your heart. He'll get over it!

Congratulations on your win!

SK

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

No you are not being selfish. You were not obligated to give him anything. $50.00 is more than generous. I had a similar thing happen to me years ago where I thought I had won big money on a contest. When it comes to money the true colors of a person really come through. The old saying someone told me long ago is there is 2 things you don't trust another man with and that is money and woman. Over the years I have become a firm believer in this philosophy. Many men/woman would stab you in the back for a few bucks. Will

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

See Morty? That's what you get when you give him money that you should have given me!!!!

If you had given me the money I would have thanked you. Then we would have headed to the nearest bar where the beers would have been on me.

Walter

• delilah
    delilah

Geez Morty......i'm coming with you the next time you're gambling.....Congrats...again.....i think your brother should apologize to you for being so greedy...you didn't have to give him a dime....and thanx for waving your wand my way, tonight I'm gonna win the 17.5 million, and we'll go out on the town..WITHOUT your brother.

Dee

• zaphod
    zaphod

you see, morty. if you had followed bible principles and had not engaged in the sin of gambling, then you would never have had to go through this anguish.

you should just sit at home and study your literature, then go to the meetings and always be good and kind and then no bad things will ever happen to you.

go on. study your watchtower. underline the answers. there, that's more fun than a nasty old scratch card, int it.

zaphod

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

You were more than generous. I bet most people would have been happy to share your joy and let you take us out for dinner, lunch or just a celebratory drink!

No way do his actions warrant 50% cut of the winnings.

I'm guessing you don't see the $10 you loaned him, either.

What a wild week you've had!! Shoulda cashed in that airline refund and hopped a plane to Vegas, Baby!!

-Aude.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

Unless you had an agreement ahead of time to split any winnings I am curious as to why he felt he deserved any of the money at all... I might have forgiven him the $10.00 debt but I would not have given him a dime of it.

Sounds pretty narcissistic to me...

• sandy
    sandy

Morty: You do not owe him anything period.

You did him a favor lending him money. That is very kind of you and he should be appreciative of that.

He has no right eexpecting any money from you. You did a very kind thing giving him $50.

Don't feel bad for not giving him half.

Take Care and Congrats!!!

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

NEVER LEND HIM ANOTHER DIME EITHER!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit