Would you share a winning lottery ticket???..help please

by morty 30 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

Ok, so here is the situation.....

Yesterday, I had bought a scratch ticket and I won 20.00 bucks on it...I was heading back to the store to cash it in but, not all of it...I wanted $17.00 in cash and in addition I wanted another ticket..As I was heading out the door, my brother asked to come with me to grab a few things at the store as well...This was not a problem....He got into the van and we headed off to the store...Once we arrived to the store, I was still smoking my cigarette so I asked my brother to cash in my ticket for me and grab me another ticket and my $17.00 bucks while I wait in the car. He said "sure, no problem"...At the same time, he asked me for a loan of $10.00 bucks. I gave him the money with no questions asked. He went into the store and came back with my new scratch ticket and my $17.00.

Once I was home, I started to scratch my new ticket.

Low and behold, I won again...I was doing another "Happy dance"...This ticket was not just $20.00 bucks though, it was a an amazing $250.00 dollar winner!!!!

My brother was also doing a happy dance with me....I headed back to the store to cash in my winning ticket....When I got home, I handed my brother $50.00 bucks out of the kindness of my heart and I also felt that he did pick the winning ticket for me...After I handed it to him, he asked me where the other $75.00 bucks was?? No thanks or nothing...

I could not believe he thought I was going to split the hole thing with him...I thought that I was more then fare giving him $50.00 dollars of it...

How should I handle this??? He is now still pi$$ed at me....

Would you share the hole thing???

Am I being selfish???

Your input would be appreciated before I blow up at him.....

• kls
    kls

I personnaly don't think you owe him any more then 50 bucks which was a nice jesture. Yes he got the ticket but he got it for you and he may not even have gotten a ticket if you had not asked him to.

• kls
    kls

Whoops ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Congratulations and don't forget the 100.00 you owe me,,,,,,,,,,,,

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

He spent YOUR money for the ticket didn't he? He's lucky to get anything...unless he PAID HALF UP FRONT!

• under74
    under74

I was thinking about you when you bought the ticket.......so I guess you owe me twenty bucks.

No, look he's your brother--whatever resentments he's holding he should get over. You did something kind in giving him $50. Anyway, it's not like you won a million he's just probably in a bad spot right now....sounds like he's having some money problems. Maybe just let him cool off a bit...he'll realize he's not 12 years old and start acting normal again.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

If I was him, I would definitley want half...if I was you, I prolly wouldn't have given him as much as you did. But I am also a selfish bastard.

Cangrats on the good luck. How much are you donating to the worldwide work?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

He wanted half of it after you loaned him $10, and he got the ticket with your money?! Hell no, he's fortunate you gave him $50 when you didn't have to at all! Let him be pissed.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Your brother is being greedy. Has he ever shown this side of his personality before?

J

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Congrats Morty!

I would ask for my $50 back! Greedy-gut! What you did was above and beyond and I bet he never made (my brain can't compute in hours) but that was probably the fastest $50 he ever made in his life..........sheese some people!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

That is just greedy. He doesnt deserve any money after that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit