this might be a stupid question...but

by donald 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

It's the religion itself I have a problem with.......most of the Witnesses I know are decent people who are just following orders.

• kls
    kls

im not trying to be a smart A@#...but id like to know....donald

Well why would you want to be dumb ass,,,,,,,,,,,,lol

• rebel8
    rebel8

I think many (most?) people are cynical about religion, and with good reason. I do believe the JWs have special contempt for many (most?) people beyond normal religions. They rightly think JWs are crazy for not celebrating Christmas, refusing lifesaving medical care, preaching at people's doors, etc...................

• watch_out
    watch_out

I'm with CoonDawg - They're all the same underneath - some more controlling than others, but all have serious problems dividing truth from error. I've visited some db's for other religions - Church of God - Mormons - SDA's - it's all the same hurt and abuse - just different labeling names. Religion has nearly ruined "God" for many people only looking for His love and mercy and hope... and not finding it anywhere in "His House". So sad. I still believe in Him in spite of it all, but happily, without the grandiose religiosity.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

In this forum... most only dislike JWs.

DY

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

There are all sorts of beliefs represented here. Personally I'm a bit mixed up but consider myself a Christian. The only thing I am completely certain about is that the Watchtower is incompatible with Christianity. This can be proved with nothing more than their own Bible and publications.

I have learned this in 6 months of study, all because loved ones are Jehovah's Witnesses and believe they are in the truth. I'm on this site only so one day I may be able to help them.

• Es
    Es

for me its a bit of both....i mostly feel sorry for those still in the "truth" and then there are others well I dont really care bout. But its mostly the religion or what man have done to the religion es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit