Back in the field

by mtbatoon 20 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Oops, I misread the original question. Calling on Dubs not non-Dubs.

No, I still wouldn't. Why give them the pleasure of slamming the door
    in your face?

LHG

• Shania
    Shania

We have this brother who is fading, well he put a big sign in his window that reads "READ GODS WORD THE BIBLE". Okay what ever. So the witnesses are in his area and start to complain about it, saying we think he is becoming an apostate. So one sister tells me about it and I said "WHATS THE BIG DEAL, THE SOCIETY HAS THE SAME SIGN PLASTERED ON THE SIDE OF THEIR BUILDING IN NEW YORK". Well that shut her up pretty quick. I told her if he wants to put that there, he can it is his home, isn't that why YOU go door to door, to get people to read their Bibles. So he prefers to put a sign up, if the Society can do than so can he...................They are so judgemental.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

No. It'd be a waste of time to do so.

DY

• undercover
    undercover

Send the list to the Mormons or to Amway salesmen....

• freedom96
    freedom96

No, they would not listen, and I have much better things to do. Interesting thought, and if someone else did it, I would be interesting in hearing "experiences" at the door.

• kls
    kls

No way. If the child molesting that have been in most pappers by the jws doesn't wake them up ,they aren't worth waking up.

• undercover
    undercover

I swore that I would never go door to door to talk about religion ever again.

If someone wants to be a JW that's their business just as it's someones else's business to be Catholic. I can point out the inconsistencies and misdealings of both religions but I ain't going to knock on doors and tell people one way or the other. Been there, done that, hated it, regreted it, won't go back to it.

• JAVA
    JAVA
    It seems that the dubs care more about who is doing it, and that they are crazy, and that they would never listen to a crazy person, or read his litature.

Cab's comments brings up an interesting suggestion. JWs think anyone contacting them about their religion is "crazy," but when JWs do the same thing, they call it "field service." How crazy is that? :)

• Frog
    Frog

That label of an "apostate" projected on to "us" by the dubs is completely unwarranted and unjust. I can't imagine that too many of us would consider wasting more of our time on people who aren't ready to acknowledge we have a right to an opinion. However, it is of coure occassionaly pleasant to reflect/imagine such a possibility with absolutely no intention of following it through, it goes a long way to highlight inconsistencies such as those mentioned above. The dubs of course have the "true" religion and therefore hold the only licence to preach as Jesus did...makes you laught don't it?!

• Frog
    Frog

Hartstrings, I've just sent you a PM:-) frog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit