Back in the field

by mtbatoon 20 Replies latest jw friends

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon
    Cab's comments brings up an interesting suggestion. JWs think anyone contacting them about their religion is "crazy," but when JWs do the same thing, they call it "field service." How crazy is that? :)

Which is what made me ask the question. In fact what I was thinking about was how the dubs seem to have not only produced a protective barrier around themselves but apostates seem to be actually repelled by it. For example in the last sentence when I wrote ?apostate? how many thought of a placard waving loony shouting outside a convention? How many exDubs openly call themselves apostates?

[b]apostate[/b] a person who renounces a former belief, principle, etc.

That's what the Oxford English dictionary says on the matter but would you use the ?A? word in front of your JW family?

If at a family dinner if I left the table with my children when a prayer was said because it contradicted my beliefs, it would be considered odd behaviour by the very people that instilled in me that it was the right thing to and would have no qualms about doing the same if the situation was reversed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit