POLL----

by minimus 96 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza

Born into it in the 60s. Baptized in the 80s.

Found the light in 2000 and got the heck outta there!

Purza

• alw
    alw

Started studying '83 and then hubby started studying '84 - both baptised '84 together - aw - then we both decided we'd had enough 2004 and began fading ............... alw

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Even though my Greek father threatened to kill them, I was raised in it since I was 3. I got out when I was 18, but I still went to meetings til I was 21, and after that, I didn't feel that I was good enough to be one of them. Whenever I had to go to the hospital, I still refused to take blood. When I was 35, in 1995, I met the Philia group <which included Kent, Christine, Jan, Norm. Randy and all of the philia group> and I got confused. I tried to commit my life to death, and went to the mental hospital. I was a horse without a rider, and there was no one else to take the lead. They helped me so much, and made me realize that there was something there for me.

I will never forget this. They (all the Philia people) knew how hard I was having it, and they sent me a Spring Bouquet of flowers. Beautiful flowers. Beautiful irises, lillies, daffodils, tulips, all the beautiful spring flowers. It was an armfull of flowers. I had never known such caring before. I thought I was worthless, and that I had forsaken God, and that I was a worthless person. Randy from Freeminds, Kent Steinhaug, and Jan Hauglaund all got together and sent me flowers, and checked up on me. It wasn't that I didn't believe, it was that I did..and I got upset.

If it wasn't for those guys, I wouldn't be alive today.

I want to say ONE MORE thank you to all you guys... Christine, Kent, Randy, and Jan.. thank you so much! I hope that I can pass on the compassion, and love, that you have given me, and help other people.

CG

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

1969 - studied, Truth Book, Lamp Book questions.

1970 - Baptized

1969 - 2003, 34 years later, our family woke up.

Blueblades

• Frog
    Frog

Parents baptised in 82' I think, but were associated for a couple of years or more before that, I was born in 79', baptised in 96', disd'd in 03'...

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Damn...............

After reading all the replies here..............I really feel old.

You guys are young compared to me and my lady hero.....GRACE........aka MOUTHY!

But.........thinking about it all............we all have our own story...........whether it be sad, angry or happy.

We all need to stay connected to keep on the road to sanity and individual happyness.

HappyDad

A HappyDad Quote!..............................."Inside every old man is this young guy saying.........what the hell happened"?

Cheers and love to all!

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Baptized 1974 @ age 14

Pioneered 1984 - 1986

Irreg publisher 1986 - 1992 (ish)

Pretty inactive since 1992.

• Odrade
    Odrade

1974 parents were baptized. 1974, learned my first scriptures by heart. (2 Peter 3:13, Matt 24:14, then Ps 83:18-- glad someone had their priorities straight) I was 3. Late 75/early 76 was giving my own presentations at the doors and on the TM school. I had lots of talks---at 5 years old!!! Bet THAT was wonderfully interesting for the adults. Probably had so many because over a third of the congregation had disappeared after 1975 came and went with no Armaggedon. Of course at the time it didn't register, but looking back, I'd say the hall I attended lost about 40-50 attendees after that business.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Born into jw family in 1935

Baptised in 1952

Floated in and out then came back in 1968

Attended regular and made elder in 1974?

Resigned the elder position in 1978.

Drifted away starting in 1980

Df'd in 1991, free at last

Outoftheorg

• evita
    evita

My mom started studying in 1973
    I was baptized in 1974 when I was 15
    Tried to be a good little dub till I was 22, then got a little wild.
    Moved away from home and faded.
    Went to one last convention just to see if I was missing something - I think around 83 or 84.
    Since then I have only stepped foot in the KH three times. One wedding and two memorials.
    Mom died in Dec 04. She professed to be of the anointed.
    I have no more ties to JW (except my own emotional baggage - which is a lot)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit