POLL----

by minimus 96 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    I think Gary Bussy won!

But I'm a close second ------------1949--------------------left in sept 18, 2001

52 years a Watchtower slave

I didn't realize this was a contest..... ((((( I'm sorry NewBoy, and GaryBuss))))

• Terry
    Terry

I started going to meetings roughly in 1959.

I was baptised in 1963.

I was disfellowshipped in 1978/79.

I became sane gradually afterward (but it took ten years to really take hold.)

I cleared my head in about 20 years.

I've been "public" about my dealings with the WTS since then; high profile.

Terry

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Baptised in 1976 at 13 years old/DF'd 1984/reins 1987/faded in & out for several years/privately disassociated myself 12/92

Parents are not JWs/older sister is still active JW but stopped shunning me around 1993 after my mother died, not sure why and we have a good relationship as long as I walk on eggshells around her and say nothing when she hands me or my kids literature--which is promptly tossed in trash when she leaves. She lives out of town so I only see her a few times a year.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I mom became a witness when I was 2, in 1970, and began my journey with the WTS.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I was born in 1950.

Parents became JWs in '53.

Baptized early 60s.

Left in '74.

• minimus
    minimus

Raised in "the truth" in the 50's. Baptised at 9. Out for a couple of years.Much happier too.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Born into it in 1980; faded/walked away 2000.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Born in 77. Always was a good little J-dub. Baptized in 89 at the wise age of 12. Continued my career path as a good little dub until the wiser age of 18, and started to rebel. Once again became a good little dub on the career path of elder at 23. Continued to gain steam on my career until the tragic drinking incident at my bachelor party was uncovered almost a year and a half later at the age of 24. Basicly destroying any hope of being a career elder, I started to fall to the dark side of the force. I realized that being a Jedi Elder was not my destiny. I embraced the path of the dark side, and just recently have become one of the most powerful Sith Lords in all of the galaxy. Fallen to the dark side this one has. Forever will it consume his destiny.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Family started to meetings in 1982, baptized in 1987 at 11, regular pioneered for a year when I was 12 (what a joke), again at 16 til I was 18. Appointed ministerial servant in 1995. Privately reproved and removed as a servant in 1997. Disfellowshipped 1998. Reinstated 1999. Slowly faded afterwards. By 2002 I had joined another church and become openly gay.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Raised in "the truth" in the 50's. Baptised at 9??????GO WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT!!!!Its is a LIE!!!!!!
    I started studing in the 60s baptised 63. Was given the left foot of fellowship in 1987, Will repeat for newcomers Because I dont believe Jesus came invisable in 1914.
    Sorry I dont know how to turn the black on after I touched the red DAH!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit