Introducing myself

by bitca 33 Replies latest jw friends

• bitca
    bitca

I've been lurking here for a while, so I figured it's time for me to introduce myself. I was raised in "the truth". Both of my parents were witnesses, and so were their parents. My whole family were witnesses. My dad was disfellowshipped when I was about 3, the same time they got divorced.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Welcome to this place bitca!

• kls
    kls

Welcome and glad you live your life the way you want.

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

Welcome to the board. Your story sounds familiar. You said you moved out of state. If I may ask, what state did you move to/from? Were you from Oklahoma originally or is that where you moved to?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Welcome Bitca!

DY

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Welcome.... your childhood sounds like it was pure bliss....ack!

You pulled the same move I did...move away to get away from the controling religion. Except my family then moved to my new city 5 1/2 months after I left. So I had to move AGAIN to finish my schooling. It's like the mafia, they keep sucking you back in. It also added another 3 years of meeting attendence and skillfully dodging everyone.

• avishai
    avishai

WOW. How awful. Glad your out, glad your here!! Welcome!!!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hugs the little boy you were.. you had some terrible experiences.

welcome, you can vent here, find people with similar experiences and breathe!

• bitca
    bitca

zugzwang From Oklahoma originally. We moved away from OK to Texas, then Arkansas, then back to OK. We moved multiple times in each state.

• bitca
    bitca

Well, little girl actually. :) but that's ok. there is a guy in my icon, after all. Thanks for the hugs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit