Al Capone vs. Judge Rutherford

by Farkel 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Celia
    Celia

Nice to hear from you again Farkel.

Good comparison. Al Capone is viewed by society as a criminal. Rutherford is not viewed as such, just because he hides behind the veil of religion, but he did cause a lot of hardship for thousands of people... He used all his followers one way or another....

• outnfree
    outnfree

Both hoodlums, as you so aptly described!

• Farkel
    Farkel

Eduardo, LLD.

It's nice to see you posting again.

: have a lot of respect for you but this whole comparison is beneath you. It is silly and contrived.

It's not at all contrived. The parallels between Capone and Rutherford are real and become even more significant when you ponder what both men were supposed to stand for.

:Sure both men were not the best people. But Al Capone was a criminal and a killer who eventually went to jail.

I consider the hypocisy of living like a King using money from people you intentionally keep poor and uneducated and spreading false prophecy a criminal act, if there ever was one.

Capone may have killed the physical body, but Rutherford killed the heart and spirit of tens of thousands of his own victims.

Farkel

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Judge Rutherford's son Malcolm despised his father and wouldn't even attend his father's funeral.

Christ, who can blame him? What a tragedy to have such an utter moron for a father.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    Al Capone never wrote any worthless books.
    Judge Rutherford wrote dozens of worthless books.

My favorite among the comparisons.

This post was very funny - and it'd be funnier if it wasn't based on such a sad truth.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I agree with Farkel causing suffering to the spirit is just as criminal as causing suffering to the physical body even if less tangible and Rutherford really excelled in this by his doctrines, absolutist style of rule, and the intense demonic influence he introduced in this org. by being a spiritistic channel of demonic destructive energies.

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

This is a thread that makes one think in parallels, comparing lives of two different men. I in no way thought of the men as equals morally or spiritually because of what was written here. One man would kill you quickly if you crossed him the other man would kill you mentally if you crossed him. When you consider the devotion given to Rutherford (yes devotion) in the name of the WT god, cast out adherents are as dead to other members and to themselves in most cases.

HCM

• Brummie
    Brummie

bttt

Excellent Farkel! Serious and hilarious at the same time. Thx

Al Capone smuggled illegal whisky and sold it.
    Judge Rutherford smuggled illegal whiskey and drank it.

Too funny!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    But Al Capone was a criminal and a killer who eventually went to jail.

I wonder how many people died because of the blood policy? Or how many lives were ruined because of the watchtower? And it continues today, and the casualties number into the millions.

I don't think Al Capone could hold a candle to the evils perpetrated by Rutherford or the Society today.

Great post Farkel!

Walter

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I wonder how many people died because of the blood policy? Or how many lives were ruined because of the watchtower? And it continues today, and the casualties number into the millions.

Here's hoping 2006 reveals a BIG expose on the Society and millions are finally set free. I really do feel good about this year.

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit