The Shadow People?

by Blueblades 28 Replies latest jw friends

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

The brain routinely fills things in.

Lets say you see a latch on a door, yet one day you got by the door and the latch isn't on, but you still see it passing by. When going back and having a better look you realise it is not there. The brain fills most things in; i mean, our eyes see upside down but our brain turns it around so that it makes sense.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Classicist in exactly right, we all know what the mind can do.

When I was a kid I wanted to believe in stuff like ghosts & the loch ness monster, because it was exciting, so I read stuff that supported these possibilities.

However, it was only later in life as a confirmed skeptic when I got interested in science, that I found really exciting and astounding stuff, and my eyes were opened.

• sandy
    sandy

Thanks for scaring the hell out of me blueblades. :)

I still have JW superstitions about demons. I'm working on it.

This has happened to me but I just tell myself I am imaging things. It usually happens after I watch a scary movie or ghost stories on Unsolved Mysteries.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

How does that saying go,"TRUTH IS STRANGER THEN FICTION".

How about this one, remember this: RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

Don't close your mind or your eyes, THE X - FILES.

Something is out there!

Blueblades.

• slugga
    slugga

Seeing things outta the corner of your eye, feeling "things" these are both symptoms of exposure to infra-sound, when you're brain is exposed to infra-sound it plays funny tricks.

Matt

• free2beme
    free2beme

I very much believe in spirits and have studied the shadow people. Personally, I have felt them and seen them. Which often leads to people thinking I am nuts. I ever had an example in my life where I saw one out of the corner of my eyes and turned and a dark figure was standing there and seemed to fade away. Reminded me of cartoons when character exit, but there is like this dust cloud in their shape for a few minutes. I feel these are energies or spirits of people we knew, or spirits wondering around in places we cross with them. For the most part, I think spirits play a big role in our lives daily. The experience I mentioned above, has happened more then once. Last night we had a spirit messing with our doorknob, I got up and asked them to stop as we were trying to sleep and it stopped right that second. Sometimes they just want you to acknowledge them when they realize you noticed something they did and did not speak about it enough for them to confirm you noticed. Good subject, most likely it will upset some skeptics.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Sometimes I can see out of the corner of my eye "black dust" lingering around me, especially in my room near my closet.

Could that mean there is a shadow person in my closet? Maybe. Could it mean that I need to dust more often? Definitely!

• skyman
    skyman

I am opened minded. Some of you have read the post about my wife and her strange abilty's. But it does not mean they are demons that do this.

I'll tell you what is interesting to me, it has happened many its in my life my cat looks up at alert and scans nothing walking across the floor. It is not just this cat but others I have had. Anyone else have this happen to them?

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

This thread gave me tingles.

I hope I don't have bad dreams - thanks to Hippikon.

Interesting thread - I'd never heard of Shadow People before.

~Beck~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit