Do you see real people here at JWD?

by jeanniebeanz 35 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I see them as real since personalities often come through in writing.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hmm mtbattoon. Do you meet any of the people on here? Do you talk privately with any of them?

I don't think its one big voice at all - it's a babble of many voices, which is one of the things I love. I get to listen to the opinions of and talk to people from backgrounds, countries, and age that I simply do not meet in my "real life". Its very broadening and I have warmed to certain ones and chat to them privately too.

Some have stronger personalities than others, some are more forceful, some are flippant except when an issue really touches them, some have seen the same topic posted by newbies a million times and still respond with warmth and welcoming, others give away much and others hardly anything at all.

And like Lehaa said I do think about the people on this board when I am away with it. I think of Merry running after her daughter trying to stop her get sunburnt, I think about Check You Premises and his amazing approach to his wife, I think about Blondie and wonder exactly what kind of woman has that kind of level head and great intellect on her shoulders (and yes I wonder if I met her I would ever be able to stop seeing her as Blondie the rock star LOL), I think of minimus and how he gets picked on invariably, I think about Little Toe and if he is ever going to propose (I have been waiting 18 years now and my patience is running out). I blush over compliments I have had here and feel really good about myself which has made such a transformation in my personality these last few weeks people have started to notice and respond postively towards my postivity, I think about diamondblue hotfooting it about London, I think about TJ and hoping he is making lots of friends and not mooching in his house, and ocassionally I think I better get on with something else!!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Aaaaah! Must rise above the babble!

ASL means American Sign Language.
    I write in full sentences and I don't replace numbers 4 words.
    You are a person not a U.
    capitals come at the beginning of the sentence and periods at the end
    By the way, it is come, not cum.
    I am a fortysomething grandma who likes gardening and salami on her peanut butter sandwiches but not both at the same time.

I .... AM....AN ....INDIVIDUAL!

I have a mind, I can type, and I will be heard!

• bebu
    bebu
    ASL means American Sign Language...
    I have a mind, I can type, and I will be heard, Dagnabbit!! Don't make me come over there and use sign language!!

There jgnat... finished that last sentence for ya!

bebu

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks BEBU! You polished off my rant very nicely, and gave me my first laugh of the morning.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I wish I could meet some of you in person. Is there ever any Apostafests in northern California? Maybe we should plan one. I have never been friends with any ex-JWs or ran into any that I used to know who left. I guess I have been hoping to meet someone I know here but I haven't so far. Sometimes I really miss some of the people I grew up with who are JWs.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Crumpet: No I've yet to meet anyone from here and if I do my opinion may well change. For now I'm happy to listen to the harmonies and discords instead of the individual notes. I'm a very visually motivated person and I'd rather know someone by the way they sit, smile or raise and eyebrow than by what they put down in words. I've never had the knack with the written word and therefore don't put much trust in it. It's not that I don't think of the people on this board or any other but without being able to visualise them I've no personality to hook on to.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Is there ever any Apostafests in northern California?

Maybe we should plan one? I'll look into it a bit further...

J

• love11
    love11
    For some it's easier to type out real feelings rather then say them.

True. True. For me it's like therapy, visiting friends, and discussing topics that you think about during the day, all rolled into one.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Do I see real people?
    Very much so.
    Every username is an individual, with their own story to tell, grievances, hurts, etc., etc.

It's great when you finally get to put a proper face and voice to a name!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit