Are You or Were You Ever On Meds For Depression?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know so many people, not just Witnesses that are on Zoloft or similar drugs. I know of some that, once they left the "truth", stopped taking these meds and have not had to go back on them. I know of some that, if they did not have them, would not be able to properly function......What about you? (As for moi, I haven't needed them yet, but you never know).....

• kls
    kls

I didn't need them till i was in the cult and as long as i live with a jw i will be on them . My brand is Zoloft

• lilbit
    lilbit

Yes I was and now I have a nice big gap in my memory because of it (Thanks Paxil)

• Englishman
    Englishman

I take 3 doses of Stella Artois daily.

Or similar.

Englishman.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I have been told I need to go on them! I will not because it may cause weight gain and that is another one of my many issues!

I am learning to be happy and try and keep a hold on things by myself. If I went on them and gained 1 pound I would go back to something I don't ever want to be again! I don't want to hurt myself anymore. I will better myself with out pills.

Brooke

• Honesty
    Honesty

I didn't have depression until I voluntarily joined the satanic JW cult. While I was 'in the lie' I ingested Wellbutrin and Effexor XR like it was candy.

Since I disfellowshipped the Governing Body of JW's for apostasy, joining a political organisation, adding false crap to the bible and calling it the New World Translation, breaking up families, habitual lying, fornicating with Satan, etc. I have come off the anti depressants.

• zaphod
    zaphod

i remember one of our brothers who was on pills for depression.

the elders disfellowshipped him and he did not need the pills any more.

he killed himself

excellent way to play with peoples lives bros

zaphod

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well I guess the elders can go to bed smug at night knowing that now suicide guy has paid for all his sins, and the BOE's loving DF'ing showed him the way. He had nothing to live for outside of the borg.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    I know of some that, once they left the "truth", stopped taking these meds and have not had to go back on them.

That would be me. I went through a whole bunch of antidepressants and eventually settled on Zoloft, 100 mg/day, which I was on for about 10 years. As soon as I was out of the borg and separated from my JW ex (and the divorce was final) it was only a few months before I was off them completely, and have never needed them since.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I have noticed a lot of JWs on antidepressants where I lived including some of my relatives who are still active and on antidepressants. I have never taken antidepressants but if I would have stayed active I know I would have eventually needed them though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit