New Pope!

by nicolaou 52 Replies latest social current

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Meet the new boss... same as the old boss...

(duuuuurrrrrrrrrrr, dur dur)

• Bas
    Bas

hmmm, a rat as the head of the catholic church, a wolf as the head of the worldbank, what's next? a vulture as the secretary-general of the UN? oh well, viva la pappa!b

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Will wrote..

Born 1927 !!!!! Couldn't they find anyone older? Geez the guy is almost 80, he will only be in there a few years, kick the pucket and have to do this all over again. What do those ones that picked him have for brains? I am sure there was someone just as quailified that is a lot younger. Reminds me of the WT GB. Will

Thats the reason they picked him..they want a 'transitional' pope, not another guy who will be in there for a quarter century.

No Apologies

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

The Cardinals have elected a worthy successor to St. Peter, a defensor fidei who will not bend to modern whims. He will preserve the light and truth of the Catholic Church.

If I may quote the song, "Long live the Pope,":

Long live the Pope!
    His praises sound
    Again and yet again:
    His rule is over space and time:
    His throne the heart of men:
    All hail! The Shepherd Pope of Rome,
    The theme of loving song:
    Let all the earth his glory sing
    And heav?n the strain prolong.

Beleaguered by
    By the foes of earth,
    Beset by hosts of hell,
    He guards the loyal flock of Christ,
    A watchful sentinel:
    And yet, amid the din and strife,
    The clash of mace and sword,
    He bears alone the Shepherd Staff,
    The champion of the Lord.

Then raise the chant,
    With heart and voice,
    In Church & school & home:
    "Long live the Shepherd of the Flock!
    Long live the Pope of Rome!"
    Almighty Father bless his work,
    Protect him in his ways,
    Receive his prayer, fulfill his hopes,
    And grant him length of days!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Until earlier this month, Ratzinger headed the "Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith" formerly known as 'The Inquisition'. see here

• aniron
    aniron

Some of his views are:

Women priests - "Ban on women priests is necessary to safeguard the unity of the Church and guide the faithful"

Music - "Rock music is a vehicle of anti-religion and the expression of basic passions."

Gays - "Homosexuality is an intrinsic moral evil. Gays human rights can and should be legitimately limited"

Other Faiths - Anglicanism and Protestantism are not proper churches. Only the CatholicChurch is the one and only true and supreme Church. Other religions are deficient"

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Other Faiths - Anglicanism and Protestantism are not proper churches. Only the CatholicChurch is the one and only true and supreme Church. Other religions are deficient"

Will

• avishai
    avishai

Some of his views are:

Women priests - "Ban on women priests is necessary to safeguard the unity of the Church and guide the faithful"

Women priest's would just be way to hot. I think if they have 'em they should all dress like trinity in the matrix

Music - "Rock music is a vehicle of anti-religion and the expression of basic passions."

Duh!!! Why do you think we listen to it!!! Dio rules, Ratiziner drools!!!

Gays - "Homosexuality is an intrinsic moral evil. Gays human rights can and should be legitimately limited"

Uhh, right, but you have no problem with buggering little boys? Bite me, asshole!!!

This one is just stupid, but if he were to say anything else.... why would you wanna remain catholic?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I shall think of him whenever I order my 'eggs benedict' (get it?) for breakfast.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

I don't know what happened.. I voted for this guy -

Dirk Benedict I

Please laugh, it took me an hour to make it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit