Mum acknowledged my Bday - for the 1st time

by misspeaches 18 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Yesterday I turned 30. (I am so wise now.) Being startled enough that I came to this age so damned quickly was nothing compared to hearing from my mother.
    For the first time since she joined the dubs 27 years she has acknowledged my b'day. She is out of town and sent me a message.
    "Who is 21 today? Or 30? Thinking of you. And 30 years ago 2 the day"

Mum is such a devout dub that I would never have imagined she would do that. If you knew her you'd understand that this is so extraordinary. Perhaps there is hope that one day me and my big sis ScrappyKat can free her from the WTBTS.

Smiles!!!

• myself
    myself

That is probably one of the things you will remember the mist about your birthday.

Happy Birthday misspeaches!!!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Thanx myself! It certainly was the highlight of my day!

I could get used to this whole birthday business. I loved it!

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

my mom always would call me and my brother and sister and say, "im just calling to say im happy u were born..." why didnt she want me to be happy on my birthday but she could? ha! its funny how even the expression "happy birthday" has been demonized, when there really is nothing wrong with saying it. and they know it too

bethel

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Happy Birthday, Misspeaches!!

-Aude.

• ScrappyKat
    ScrappyKat

And I'm going to her party on Friday... wooohooo

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Happy Birthday TO YOU!!!

It's nice to know your Mom has come out of her shell a little bit...that has to be a great Birthday gift in itself!

CELEBRATE AND HAVE FUN!

• codeblue
    codeblue

Happy Birthday!!!

Maybe your MOM, realizes she treasures your day of birth (finally) Being 30 is a very decadent year....

cheers!!!

CodeBlue

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

misspeaches!

Kate

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

AuntieJane - it certainly was a great b'day surprise hearing from mum.

CodeBlue - decadence is something that I have been working up to for quite some time!

Thanx heaps Audresapre and Bikerchic!!

HURRAH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit