Mum acknowledged my Bday - for the 1st time

by misspeaches 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JW83
    JW83

Happy Birthday Miss Peaches!

• Frog
    Frog

YAY FOR BIRTHDAYS!!! happy happy birthday misspeaches...I can only imagine how shocked and surprised you must have been at your mother acknowledgeing your special day. Birthdays are definitely something you should get used to, they're a really special day that your friends and family can acknowledge how stoked they are to have you in this world:-) Enjoy it, you can justify eating much cake for at least another 10days, 30 years is afterall a big one! froglett

• paws
    paws

Happy Birthday Miss Peaches

from a new member to the board, and her son!! (sorry bout the red writing, cant seem to change it to black!!! is this cos black signifies the devil??????

I'm here with my mum, and i hit the big 30 last september. Mum was a JW when me and my sister were small, (she isn't one now......she saw the 'light' too!!!!!!!!), so i went thru it all too. No birthdays, christmas etc, no choc egg at easter. When you're a kid these occasions mean so much. I turned my back on the witnesses when i was bout 15, cos i'd had enough of being made to feel that seeing my friends, going out etc was a bad thing. My mum remained a witness but I have total respect for the fact that she didn't treat me any diff. She didn't turn her back on me or view me as 'one of Satans'!!!!!!!!

yeh, I missed my birthdays. Going to school the day after and your friends ask you what presents you got, and you have to say, "i didn't get any, we dont celebrate birthdays" god, that was a killer saying that, cos as a kid, all you want is your friends to like you, but they treat you kinda different, cos you dont do something as simple as celebrate birthdays!!!!

Anyway, i now have two little boys of my own, Flynn (aged2) & Luka (aged3mths), and there is no way in the world i could not celebrate their b'days with them and all the family!!! And how bad is it really??????? all we wanna do, is celebrate the birth of someone close to us!!!!!!

the witnesses do my head in for so many reasons, but this issue of b'days always and still does, confuse the living hell outta me!!!!

MANY HAPPY RETURNS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!! AND WE'RE DELIGHTED FOR YOU THAT YOUR MUM HAS ACKOWLEDGED IT WITH YOU TOO!!!!!!! : ) X

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Thanx JW83!

Froglett

Birthdays are definitely something you should get used to

I sure can! I've been stressing out about it so much worrying that I would feel so guilty but when the day came I felt so special and not at all guilty for it! LOL

Paws and son - Thank you so much for your message. It sure was horrible going through high school being treated as an outcast because you couldn't celebrate birthdays. I can't wait to have my own kids and make their birthdays so special! Why shouldn't a parent and friends celebrate the life of someone they love. I am really growing to love birthdays let me tell you!

XX - Miss Peaches

• garybuss
    garybuss

My mother is the devout Witness model. She used to call me on my birthday and tell me it was my birthday. She didn't wish me well. Hell she never wished me well. She didn't say happy day, she'd just call and tell me it was my birthday. She quit that years ago and quite frankly, I don't miss it.

If there's a plan on how to make a family dysfunctional, I'm pretty sure the Jehovah's Witnesses MUST have the original copy.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Happy birthday, Miss Peaches!!!

My mother has always called on my birthday--she doesn't say "Happy Birthday," but she generally says something about it. Funny how even a life-long JW can't quite pass on the birthday remembrance.

Hope you enjoy your 30s...mine were great.

Best,

Jankyn

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

Happy Birthday Miss Peaches!

My mom always says "I think someone is another year older" on my birthday. I always remind her that means she is getting older too, and we laugh. She would never say "Happy Birthday" though..maybe sometime in the future.

I always call my dad (non-JW) and send a card on his birthday. He doesn't get anything from my mom, and I could never say anything to him on that day when I was a kid. Maybe this year, I'll get him a present too. I finally bought him a Christmas present last year after all these years...I didn't wrap it because I didn't want to offend my mom, but both him and I knew what it was for.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Misspeaches - maybe she secretly reads on this board and read of my message to my parents a few weeks ago thanking them for bringing me into the world 30 years ago!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

BTW I forgot to say Welcome to the over 30's club! Congratulations misspeaches!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit