What the C/O overseer said

by NoAnswers 24 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    it sounded that they give the money to them and they share it among the congrecation

if i was asked for money by the GB (not that i am ever likely to be asked) i think i would ask them who it was that turned over £20m last year in the UK alone? because it wasnt me thats for sure. Look elsewhere.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

OMG they are going to be passing the Kool aid very very soon.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The LDS/Mormons have to pay 10% of their gross income to their organization and I think they give them access to their pay stubs and income tax forms.

Blondie: I'm sure the LDS church is much envied by the WTS for pulling this off and the GB deeply regrets occupying the corner ol' Charlie Russell painted them in when he ran that article saying if the money stops coming it means Jah want us to quit.

• Frog
    Frog

That is truly a classic line from a c/o! I know we think it is quite an extreme thing to say now that we're out and realise how wrong a statement like that is, but they've been saying that sort of thing for years, and will go on saying it. When you're not listening out for it, and are conditioned to the mind control you just don't hear it anymore...mind blowing stuff! frog

• TheListener
    TheListener

I would love the society to start the mormon 10% thing. I would love for them to ask for tax returns and pay stubs. That might just cause one or two brains to turn on and get out. For those that obey the instructions they'll get what they want - someone to tell them everything to do without thinking. Something like that might even make my family wince. I think the comment alone would make many cringe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit