What the C/O overseer said

by NoAnswers 24 Replies latest jw friends

• NoAnswers
    NoAnswers

On the brothers last talk he was talking about how we should be good host. Like Abbrahan was to the angels anyways..... He went on saying that some brothers in other countries have the elders deal with their financial neeeds it sounded that they give the money to them and they share it among the congrecation

He then went on saying that if the governing body would ask us in this country to do that what would we do ? would we be like Abrahan or like the rich guy in Jesus time... Then what shoked me the most was what he said next.

He said, " If the governing body says go left u go left if they say right you go right no questions ask you must be loyal" ! i was like wtf ? my whole mouth was huh ?

• kls
    kls

It would be a long day in F---ing hell before a jw would control my money ( well if i had any) ,they already had my mind.

And yes all the good little jws will do what they are told and no questions asked.

• Dustin
    Dustin

I would have pulled my pants down, bent over and said "when money starts growing out of here then I'll give it to you".

Anyways, it would be a very cold day in hell when they got control over my $$$. But, I don't have to worry about it anymore. That's the benefits of realizing them for what they are, controlling and arrogant men who care about lining their own pockets.

• minimus
    minimus

They're just prepping the flock for a fleecing, that's all!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

That comment sure was weird.

DY

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Can anyone refresh my meory - when was Abram generous to the angels? i thought it was Lot - the one who offered up his kids to the raving perverted mob in Sodom? I'm not so sure they'd preach that kind of generosity to the rank and file would they?

• blondie
    blondie

Are you saying that they would give all their income to the elders to be used to pay the bills of all the JWs in the congregation?

The LDS/Mormons have to pay 10% of their gross income to their organization and I think they give them access to their pay stubs and income tax forms.

Even when I was a "faithful" JW, I would never have trusted the elders with that kind of information.

Sounds like things are getting bad in LaLa Land.

Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

Crumpet, 3 angels dropped by to see Abraham about the same time angels dropped in on Lot. Abraham was Lot's uncle and they lived close to each other around Sodom & Gomorrah.

If the WTS no longer has donating stay voluntary and fairly anonymous, they according to their own words, it is a sign from God that he is no longer backing them.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb
    Genesis Chapter 18
    1 Afterward Jehovah appeared to him among the big trees of MamĀ“re, while he was sitting at the entrance of the tent about the heat of the day. 2 When he raised his eyes, then he looked and there three men were standing some distance from him. When he caught sight of them he began running to meet them from the entrance of the tent and proceeded to bow down to the earth. 3 Then he said: ?Jehovah, if, now, I have found favor in your eyes, please do not pass by your servant. 4 Let a little water be taken, please, and YOU must have YOUR feet washed. Then recline under the tree. 5 And let me get a piece of bread, and refresh YOUR hearts. Following that, YOU can pass on, because that is why YOU have passed this way to YOUR servant.? At this they said: ?All right. You may do just as you have spoken.?

6 So Abraham went hurrying to the tent to Sarah and said: ?Hurry! Get three seah measures of fine flour, knead the dough and make round cakes.? 7 Next Abraham ran to the herd and proceeded to get a tender and good young bull and to give it to the attendant, and he went hurrying to get it ready. 8 He then took butter and milk and the young bull that he had got ready and set it before them. Then he himself kept standing by them under the tree as they were eating.

9 They now said to him: ?Where is Sarah your wife?? To this he said: ?Here in the tent!? 10 So he continued: ?I am surely going to return to you next year at this time, and, look! Sarah your wife will have a son.? Now Sarah was listening at the tent entrance, and it was behind the man. 11 And Abraham and Sarah were old, being advanced in years. Sarah had stopped having menstruation. 12 Hence Sarah began to laugh inside herself, saying: ?After I am worn out, shall I really have pleasure, my lord being old besides?? 13 Then Jehovah said to Abraham: ?Why was it that Sarah laughed, saying, ?Shall I really and truly give birth although I have become old?? 14 Is anything too extraordinary for Jehovah? At the appointed time I shall return to you, next year at this time, and Sarah will have a son.? 15 But Sarah began to deny it, saying: ?I did not laugh!? For she was afraid. At this he said: ?No! but you did laugh.?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

See if you can ask him about this scripture, I'd love to hear his responce:

(Galatians 1:6-12) 6 I marvel that YOU are being so quickly removed from the One who called YOU with Christ?s undeserved kindness over to another sort of good news. 7 But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed. 10 Is it, in fact, men I am now trying to persuade or God? Or am I seeking to please men? If I were yet pleasing men, I would not be Christ?s slave. 11 For I put YOU on notice, brothers, that the good news which was declared by me as good news is not something human; 12 for neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught [it], except through revelation by Jesus Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit