Two more Old friends Died this Week

by Undecided 13 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'm sorry, Ken. It's hard to get to that stage of life, isn't it? I'm still in the stage where my parents died within two years of each other, and my dog who was almost 13, and I feel my own mortality a little more than I used to. Not enough to start eating broccoli on a regular basis, but still . . .

However, treasure the memories, and your ability to do so (my mother had Alzheimer's and I watched her entire life disappear -- so very sad), and enjoy each sunrise and each sunset, and contribute what you can every day.

Hugs,

Nina

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I don't think we have chatted yet, but I send my condolences.

I am sorry that you have to go through this.

SParkplug

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Undecided I am sorry for your loss.

Like Blondie said: It can make you feel your own mortality more.

and as I said (when my mother died) now i am on the top of the ladder

since I am the oldest of my brothers and sister...

• Undecided
    Undecided

When you see so many people you know die and they are your age you realize your time is running out too. It's kind of strange though, I really don't feel that old. I'm really fortunate that I am as well preserved as I am, no problems yet, but it can change over night.

I try not to worrry about trival things and just enjoy each day as it comes, just to be able to sit in my back yard and watch the spring come again is a big joy. I enjoy mowing the grass with my push mower, it keeps me in shape. Mondays I go bowling with my brother and the other seniors, some are 85 and still going strong.(Will be going in a few hours.) Life has been good to me and I wish I knew who to thank.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit