What have you discovered on the journey?

by dh 28 Replies latest jw friends

• love11
    love11

SYNCHRONICITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

• codeblue
    codeblue

I have learned it is a journey that never ends.......can never be anticipated....and always changes...

• fairchild
    fairchild

When I was in my mid thirties, I realized that I love being alone more than anything. This might sound strange, but it is a fact. I also realized that my paradise is right here and right now, and it made me a much happier person.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Marriage is much more fun when you are not bound to the endless rules regarding sex.

• Carmel
    Carmel

One of the best things learned is that I could overcome the notion that there is only one correct religion and all the rest have to be false! It's more like an up and down vote in the Senate. All or nothing! Life is not so neat to be so black and white as fundamentalists would have us believe.

I just finished watching CNN's 25 greatest technological innovations over the past 25 years. What a stark contrast to the negative glass-nearly-empty view of the gloom and doomers of UUs and their ilk.

Life is wonderful!

carmel

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I realized that life doesn't need to have a fixed goal like the one we were taugh in the WBTS. We can still enjoy life even if there's no precise meaning to it. After my escape from the borg, I consider myself as an atheist, but if you really want to know if a believe in something, I will say that I believe in life as it is. The simple facts of life like enjoying the return of the summer and seeing the nature coming back to life after a long winter. In Quebec, it's almost like a phoenix coming from back from its ash with the long and cold winter that we have. ;-)

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

• That life doesnt have to be ruled by guilt, fear, jealousy, anger or hatred.
    • That friends are people who might disagree fundamentally with you but love you nonetheless and will always be there.
    • That unconditional love actually does exist.

To name but a few.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I realized that I love nature. It makes me feel at peace. I realized that people make themselves and everybody else miserable in their striving for superiority. People should be neighborly and charitable to each other. Never mind all this stuck up BS! I also realize I do not want too many possesions. I can't be bothered with them. Oh, I appreciate nice things. I just can't stand clutter. I also don't care what people think of me. It is very liberating.

LHG

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

That it matters more what I think of myself than what other people think of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit