What have you discovered on the journey?

by dh 28 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

The journey being life, what have you discovered that you never expected to... Could be a musician, actor, a movie, a type of food, a thought, a realisation, a religion, a thing about your personality or an emotion, a particular song... it could be anything really...

What have you discovered?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I've discovered that I don't know jack shit.

GBL

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I have learned to take a minute and smell the roses. To look for the positive things in life and people instead of always jump to the negative. This is still an on=going learning experience since 22 + years of always looking for the negative is not easy to purge.

I think of how negative as a Witness I used to be and talk about all the horrible things going on in the world. But there is MUCH MORE positive things going on.

And I'm with GBL....I don't know Jack shite.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I know Jack Shit.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Seriously, I have discovered that if I don't know: if there is no judgment, or mental interpretation, or comparison with past, or reference to a future desire --then, this present moment cane be extremely wonderful all by itself.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

LMAO James.. thats what I meant, hehe

GBL

• poppers
    poppers

I have discovered that I am not who I thought I was, and that has made all the difference in the world in how life is lived and experienced. With this discovery is the realization that THIS is all there is, and without the 'me' to muck it up THIS very moment is perfection itself - what a relief!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

• I've learned that the world does not revolve around me.
    • I've learned that God is not up in heaven waiting for me to do something wrong so he can write me off.
    • I've learned to listen to other people's opinions respectfully, even if I don't agree with them.
    • I've learned that the world is not as bad as my parents or the elders would like me to believe.
    • I've learned that everyone has something of redeeming value.
    • I've learned that we've all done something in our lives that make us worthy of hell.
    • I've learned that my mouth can be a gift or a curse and it is by my choice as to which it is.
    • I've learned to live like today is the last day I have.
    • I've learned to keep a short account with God.
    • I've learned that even if others can't forgive me, God can and already has, and I need to forgive myself.
    • I've learned that I have a great capacity to love and that I should sprinkle it liberally on those around me without expectation of it being returned.
    • I've learned chocolate can make a bad day better.
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i've learned my spirituality , my personality , my acheviements, dont have to be measured by what others do or have done.. its measured by my own abilities and standards.

i have higher priorities than having good publisher card stats.

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

The more I learn, the less I know.

The deeper I search for answers the farther I get from the answer.

I'll never have enough time to learn all of the things that I want, or to see all of the places I haven't been.

kind of depressing sometimes when I think about it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit