If God doesn't want brothers to have beards, why does it grow?

by JH 67 Replies latest jw friends

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

LT,

Have you ever seen the Southpark episode where the new neighbors are Mormons? Very funny.

I was hoping they would make one of JW's.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Hi LT - I'm not trying to wriggle!! Honest. We don't use wine because of our health code - the Word of Wisdom - we aren't allowed alcohol. As for grape juice - no particular reason. The sacrament is normally : White bread (no real symbolism - more to do with nut allergies - though white could equate to purity.) Water - as explained above. These can be substituted by 'anything' in the absence of bread or water (Maybe not Coca Cola....) The bread is torn not cut. Everyone who is worthy partakes once a week and renews their baptismal covenants (remember Jesus and take His name.) Back to beards - in my personal opinion I'm happy if 'you' just turn up at church - I'll deal with beards etc.. some other day. However for myself I do tow the party line because I want to. I am pretty well indoctrinated! I would like to think , if asked, I'd be willing to jump around naked with a bowl of Jello on my head shouting 'wibble' if it was required - hehehe. At the end of the day , Abraham was asked to do something far more bizarre and illogical. I also have one other overriding no beard concern - my wife - she hates my beard (..when she goes away that I throw away my razor.) Ahh - almost bed time - my Sabbath officially began 10 mins ago ...........yawn.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

EF -
    That Mormon story isn't far off the mark actually!! The apostles where round at Joseph's house smoking and spitting tobacco, Emma Smith mentioned that this was pretty disgusting so Joseph enquired about that and received the Word of Wisdom revelation.

Holy underwear batman - yes I do wear it. Most of the time. Like I just said - its almost bedtime and if I play my cards right (and shave) I might be liberated from them for a minute or so....

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sheesh, I never saw the time.
    Beddy-byes for me, too.
    Thanks for the discussion & nite...

• Bas
    Bas

I wonder....does god want us to have pubic hair?...eyebrows?

• John Doe
    John Doe

" Comments like these left me stunned most of the time. That because they sacrificing so much to Jehovah they better be rewarded in the future. Like the Puritans of early American history music was bad, playing cards was bad, booze was bad. The amount of control given up equals the amount of spirituality you had. I think it's like an S&M fetish...the pain of serving God brings some mental reward somehow. Am I making any sense?"

Makes perfect sense. Not new, it's called the "Doctrine of Affliction." To early Puritans, it meant that if you're not suffering, God doesn't love you, that suffering is God's way of purifying your soul and identifying you as one marked for salvation. Of course, partially due to this doctrine, Native Americans were only seen as tools God used to afflict Christians and test their devotion, that killing Natives was perfectly acceptable because they were eternally damned from birth, no matter how good they acted.

• Terry
    Terry

Yes, but he doesn't want the pubic hair ON your eyebrows. (wink wink, nudge nudge).

T.

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

Yes, but he doesn't want the pubic hair ON your eyebrows. (wink wink, nudge nudge).

Why are pubic hairs curly? So they don't poke you in the eye. Gods way of saying oral sex is o.k

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit