This is how I keep my sanity during the meeting

by Bonnie_Clyde 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I only go on Sundays and not every Sunday and only because I have to take my father who can't drive.

I often wished I could have other reading material during the meeting. Then I got the idea to order a Spanish Bible. Now I follow along in my Spanish Bible while the speaker speaks English. I had two years of Spanish in high school, forgot most of it, but it's now it's coming back. At least now I'm using my mind for something useful, and I don't get quite so upset about the drivel that I hear at the meetings.

• Cat-er-daynightfever
    Cat-er-daynightfever

Sweet idea!

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Good Thinking!

(in more ways than one...)

-Aude.

btw: Welcome to JWD, Cat-er-daynightfever

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hey nightfever, welcome to the board!

GBL

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Bonnie_Clyde

very clever!

That is nice, though, that you are willing to drive your dad even though you don't want to be there. See, now that is a great example of unconditional love on your part. Good luck with the Spanish!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I go to very few meetings.

I do a lot of mental figuring out stuff while the meeting is in full swing. I take care of my financial affairs, or read stuff from the book of Proverbs.

I'm there in body, but hardly ever in mind or spirit.

DY

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Bring a small "makeup" mirror and use it to make the people in the illustrations look funny.

Put it halfway over their face to make them look cross-eyed... or put it diagonal to make their eyes into one Cyclops.

My sister and I hand countless hours of fun like that.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Welcome aboard caterday night! Sweet handle.

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

I remember a guy in our congregation who was learning Danish, so he used to bring Danish versions of all the publications and read from those. I wonder if he had the same idea...?

• Dustin
    Dustin

That's a good idea. At least you are learning something useful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit