Which is worse - the Jehovah's Witness or the Mormons?

by inquirer 59 Replies latest jw friends

• inquirer
    inquirer

If someone put a gun to your head and you had to choose, which one would you say is the worst?

Also, which religion is more doctrinally incorrect?

Which religion has the most false end of the world dates?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

They are both totally effed up, dubs are worse cuz they hurt people more.

GBL

• kls
    kls

Well if i had a gun to my head i would choose Mormon, at least then the blood doctrine would not apply . The Mormons also celebrate Birthdays and Holidays and i can live with out the coffee ( i think ).

• Odrade
    Odrade

Anti-caffeine-ites are de DEBIL, DEBIL i tell you!!! I'd rather be SHUNNED than give up my beloved coffee.

There are some things you just can't joke about monkey.

• kls
    kls

Sorry Odrade, i didn't mean it ,,,really i didn't

Bad monkey ,Bad ,

Does this mean you want to spank this cute little face?

<---------------------------------look into those cute eyes and tell me you wanna,,,,,,,,,go ahead and see if you can

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I have many morman friends and I have a jw friend.... I would definately go with the mormans:

Mormans JW

you have friends outside of the religion yes no

shunning policy no yes

join scouts or any other orgainization yes no

vote, become a politician yes no

discuss differing viewpoint without DFing yes no

play High School sports yes no

if you become inactive you're looked down on no yes

weekly field service no yes

the list goes on and on.... definately I would be a MORMAN...

• upside/down
    upside/down
    doctrinally incorrect?

The Mormons have all the standard "christendom" faux paus. PLUS they add a whole new "exclusive" book for even more...

The Dubs however take the Bible and turn into... a spiders web to catch wary ones with.

dubs are worse cuz they hurt people more.

That's debateable, I have a Mormon friend (elder) that has gone through almost the exact sitch as me... he's shunned and ostracized!

To me the only legit advantage of one over the other is that the Mormons understand economics, whereas the Dubs have no clue. The Mormons are very proactive in making $$ (like Jews) and know that you can be a very successful minority IF you've got cash! They also are not afraid of education or educated individuals.

This to me gives them the "edge"... but again it's kinda like asking which you rather have cut off... you hand or foot? I would rather say..

NEITHER!

u/d

• upside/down
    upside/down
    shunning policy no yes

That is NOT TRUE!

The difference is that they are much more tolerant of individual ideas and don't go on witch hunts like their Dub counterparts... but if you publicly and LOUDLY dissent.. their brand of theocratic justice is every bit a swift and deadly as the Dubs.

At least that's been my experience. Not based on heresay, but actual experience.

u/d

• Balsam
    Balsam

I'd say JW are more dangerous to their family because of the refusal of blood. Mormons are more social, and do work in their communities. Both have screwed up bible teachings though. I would say JW are worse, they contribute nothing to anything except to themselves. Mormons do practice a shunning that is not unlike JW. Their both cults that is for sure.

• Odrade
    Odrade

no spankins, but I might wanna smooch you on your fuzzy widdle head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit