Tennis elbow

by kls 40 Replies latest watchtower medical

• kls
    kls

No Rat , i got a better idea kitty meat would be so wonderful for the pain. You eat the bananas and i will get the kitty.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

OUCH!!!

Hey we bleed too ya know.

Ok, I'm of the opinion you need a little more medical advice before you continue. Couple of things. Do you have nerve damage that you know of? Numbness, tingling, etc.... Also, when you say it "rotted" do you mean atrophied?

Painkillers? What are you taking? Just NSAID's ie, Advil, or you taking Opiods like Vicodin, oxycodone. On a scale of 1 to 10 how bad is the pain during the day? At night? Sharp stabbing pain? Dull throbbing pain?

I assume the pain is mainly laterally? Meaning if you held your arm out in front of you "like you were getting a blood sample taken" it hurts if someone tries to move your lower arm left to right not up and down?

• kls
    kls

Double Edge , no it feels like a huge tear and if i can avoid surgery i will .

I don't like when they cut me but the meds before surgery are fun

• kls
    kls

Wow Evil you are are a Doc or you just talk funny,,,,,,,,,,,,Nerve damage ? i don't know,how would i know?

rotted" do you mean atrophied? ,,,,English please

Pain is always no matter what .

Painkillers are those Tylenol /Codine pills that don't work.

Remember Doc you can't charge me cause we is on the net

• Satanus
    Satanus

My work sometimes gives me that. I use a support a lot like this one

http://www.muellersportsmed.com/aircasttenniselbowsupport.htm

It puts pressure on the bone to which the ligament is attached. You could try wearing it for a week or so. See if it helps.

S

• kls
    kls

Thanks Satanus but i can't put any pressure on it ,,nothing. Not heat or cold .

• kls
    kls

Doc ,sometimes my hand tingles ,so is that nerve damage?

• Satanus
    Satanus

That sounds pretty bad. I think that you should stop breaking rocks w your elbow for a couple of months.

There is this stuff that a lot of wieght lifters take for joints. It's called glucosamine. All drug stores sell it. I haven't tried it myself, but it is popular. Also, maybe some natural antiinflamitories, like ginger, a daily dose of aspirin (85mg). But, avoid the suppositories.

S

• kls
    kls

That sounds pretty bad. I think that you should stop breaking rocks w your elbow for a couple of months.

Satanus ,you is so smart and i will now stop ,,,,,,,,,lol

Been taking glucosamine for years , me thinks i really screwed things up .

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Kis,

Well just keep in mind this medical opinion is worth what you are paying for it ;) I'm a neurologist / surgeon.... meaning I work on nerves and the brain.

Nerve damage would be tingling in your arm....numbness....possibly radiating pain into your fingers?

Ok, the Tylenol 3 is a low grade opiod. There are stronger pain meds available if you need them. So you are saying the pain is constant.... doesn't matter what kind of movement you make, time of day etc.... it seem to always "just hurt"? How bad is that pain? On a scale of 1 to 10... one being minor 10 being EXCRUITIATING. Maybe a 7?

The support sleeve that Satanus mentioned may be effective, but given your statements I'm not sure. So you've had 2 cortical / steriod shots? Were they effective at all? Even for only a couple of weeks???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit