My story

by Chia 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• jula71
    jula71

Welcome chia...great story and thank you for sharing it with us.....

jula71

• watch_out
    watch_out

Nice to 'see' you here, Chia!

I enjoyed your story - mine's pretty uneventful - a real sleeper - so I really love reading others'! There were so many times I'd wished when I was 'dubbing it', that I'd been 'born in the truth'..... I'm SO glad now for not having gone through what you and too many others have suffered. Congratulations on surviving, pet - a true accomplishment!

I'm new here, too, kinda.... I've been lurking for a couple of years - only because I messed-up my username/password and couldn't get logged in. It about killed me to not be able to post!!! I'm a real cyber-idiot, but finally figured it out!

I like this board - everyone seems sincere and dedicated to seeking real truth - not the trademarked jw type...

I kinda know you from Ronnie's board,(peacebee) but I don't know anyone else there if Smidgeon's not around! Remember we chatted very briefly once? It's good to see a 'familiar face'! Looking forward to talking to you more.

Peace and love from watch_out

ps- have you heard from Smidgeon(Chris) lately? I haven't heard anything since he took off for Australia - we use to chat on MSN, but he's never online when I am anymore ....sure miss him and hope he's doing alright....mother hen thing! LOL!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hi watchout

I know Smidgeon (from towerwatch and Ronnie's board) and my last email from him was April 5th. Hopefully he's having a great time in Aus, but I will PM you if I hear anything from him.

Welcome to the board!

crumpet x

• Chia
    Chia

Oh, yes, I do remember! I haven't heard from Smidge in a while, but I hope he's having a good time in Oz.

Crumpet, I hope the Red Bull was delicious! I'm going to buy one tonight after I come home from my job interview and I will drink it with lots and lots of candy. I've earned it!

Book study was difficult to get through, as usual. It was about Christ's love, so that made it a little more tolerable. I often zone out during the meeting, and this time I thought of my grandmother(not a Witness, died when I was 12) and I started to tear up. Maybe it was all that resurrection talk. When the brother said "amen" I hopped out of my chair, and some phony sister grabbed my elbow, like she wanted to hug me or something. (This same sister viewed me as competition when I was a pioneer.) It makes me want to vomit.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Chia - I know what you mean about zoning out! i used to come prepared with mental stuff to zone out to - usually it involved me and my latest hot brother crush - erm, going out on the service, getting lost on a long farm track and held hostage in a barn by a sex pervert who forced us to do things to each other, and then not being DFed because we was forced to at gun point!

So how is your fade going?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Chia,

I am really glad you posted your story. Don't worry about being wordy - it's important to get things out if we need to. I am really sorry for all the pain and suffeirng you've went through. Exiting the dubs is so hard. I look forward to hearing more posts.

Like I said in the pm's: sounds like you have a plan and are following through. Good for you.

Crumpet,

I have that same daydream when I'm at the WT study. Makes it dificult to stand up and read the paragraphs.

• Shania
    Shania

Happy to have you with us. You will learn alot and we will learn alot from you. That's how this board works.............you stepped out of a little puddle and are now looking at a big blue ocean......so take it one step at a time, and know there is always someone here to hold your hand if you get a little scared.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

The listener - that is nearly enough to make me come back to the meetings! LOL!

• ShadowX
    ShadowX

For you, and welcome!

• jaredg
    jaredg

welcome to the board chia...i look forward to your posts and getting to know you better. it's like one big loving family here. glad you came.

jared

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit