The Generation Game 10 years on - 1995

by truthseeker 35 Replies latest jw friends

• fairchild
    fairchild

To be honest, I was kind of surprised when I heard that they will be studying the Daniel book again, because the date 1914 is mentioned in that book.

• blondie
    blondie

fairchild, I think the WTS still teaches that 1914 is the end of the Gentile Times and when Jesus started ruling as the messianic king in heaven. The WTS has unhooked the idea of a generation from 1914 though.

Blondie

• Krystal
    Krystal

You know what always bugged me about the whole 1914 generation thing... they always said "no one knows the day or the hour" and "christians should not speculate about then the end is coming but rather concentrate their efforts on the preaching of the good news"

BUT.... they are always trying to figure out WHEN!!

I get a headache just thinking about it!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

No 1914 = no inspection = no appointment in 1919.

No appointment = no authority.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    fairchild, I think the WTS still teaches that 1914 is the end of the Gentile Times and when Jesus started ruling as the messianic king in heaven. The WTS has unhooked the idea of a generation from 1914 though.

Oh, thank you much for clearing this up for me, blondie. I had no idea that the 1914 date was still of any significance. That explains why they're not too shy to use the Daniel book again. But now it doesn't make sense for any thinking person, because when his disciples asked him "When will be the sign of your presence, and the end of this system of things", Jesus summed up the signs, and then said "This generation will by no means pass away .... etc... etc... " Now it comes together for me, finally.. The end of the gentile times was the beginning of his 'presence', and they stick to that date, but they ripped the generation part off the whole time frame, oh my God.....

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Fairchild

The Daniel book never did teach anything about 1914. 1914 was just one of many dates that people (including many long before JWs) have been wrongly guessing Daniel might refer to. None of the dates turned out to be right because the methods, used for centuries are simply wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit