Is JWD the "sign post" leading to the "cramped and narrow road..."

by upside/down 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie
    How is this even possible... can a "Pharisee" hinder or not permit someone ON THEIR WAY IN to not go in?

In life in general, people can make things more difficult but not impossible, so it takes more effort, but it's not impossible.

And there are many things that are not permitted by law, yet people do them every day. Lack of permssion does not prevent people from being able to do it or from doing it.

Love, Blondie

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    How is this even possible... can a "Pharisee" hinder or not permit someone ON THEIR WAY IN to not go in?

How so? I thought we had free will and no one in actuality can make us do anything if we're determined to do it. Just a thought. Make sense?

u/d

I understand what you mean. I think what the scripture means is that people can use their free will to let someone else hinder them.

I think the Catholic church of years past as well as the WT are major examples of people submitting themselves into a role of being hindered, and I think many people do so out of innocence -- just being basically born into the WT -- or out of a lack of knowledge that submitting themselves to the WT doctrine puts the clamps on them to make any changes if they ever do see the need for change and recognize that they are being hindered/not permitted to live their lives correctly.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Good onya purps! Many years ago, I could have been saying the same things. It has led me to a theology that is "inclusive" rather than the JW and other fundy "exclusive" view of the world. Not easy to find a religion these days that doesn't claim to be the sole route to salvation, but keep lookin.

carm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit