Is JWD the "sign post" leading to the "cramped and narrow road..."

by upside/down 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• upside/down
    upside/down

What do you think? ( I know, I know, very "Minimus-ish" of me)

u/d

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

"...leading into..."?

~Merry

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well as long as the pub doesn't allow Schizm in when we get up the cramped and narrow road I'm there!!!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Their Bible says "everlasting life" or "destruction" depending which "road" you're on.

I actually believe with all my heart that the WTS is every bit as much a part of their definition of Babylon the Great as ANY! Maybe more so as it is definitely a wicked spirit disguised as an "angel of light". If you still follow their line of thought.... which I'm quickly adhering to less and less of.

u/d (of the "the truth" is a solo sport class)

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Although it doesn't exactly feel cramped and narrow to me here, I do thing JWD acts as a "narrow gate" leading to a better "life" for many! Definitely.

I also agree that the WTS is the very thing they preach so vehemently against.

~Merry

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I have thought about this alot lately, not necessarily JWD, but coming out of religion altogether. I am starting to feel like the cramped and narrow road are ones that do more or less "stand alone". (not being in an organized religion) I think these are the ones that are washed clean. That these are the ones that can hear God's voice. I don't know why I came to this, but I do not think any ONE religion has the truth. The truth will be in each individual person.(sounding like JamesThomas)(but there is alot to what he is saying) We stand before God alone. So, it can be anyone from any religion, that goes BEYOND, that can see farther. True "Pioneers" so to speak.

Then to answer your question Yes.

"My life is changing in so many ways, I don't know who to trust anymore. Like a shadow hanging over me, like a begger going from door to door." song by Neil Young, A Man Needs A Maid.

purps

ps Everyday I am thinking something different or new. So who knows what I will decide tomorrow.

• blondie
    blondie

"cramped and narrow road"

I look at it this way, JWD helps you see that there are many ways to be true to yourself and be true to others.

Just as Gandhi saw the universality of the principles of the Sermon on the Mount, I see that people from many roads of opinion and culture and background, can show love in practical ways on a daily basis.

Whether we believe Jesus was a real person or not, there is something to learn from the accounts that he did not let the narrow limitations of the Pharisees dictate his showing love to people such as the lepers, the Samaritan woman, the Syrian woman, the woman with the blood flow, healing on the Sabbath, that he associated with sinners, etc.

Or that he died for all people, not just Christians, not just JWs, not just the 144,000. In that was he was not cramped.

So watch out for the Pharisees.

"Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men; for YOU yourselves do not go in, neither do YOU permit those on their way in to go in. MATTHEW 23:13

Then the disciples came up and said to him: "Do you know that the Pharisees stumbled at hearing what you said?" 13 In reply he said: "Every plant that my heavenly Father did not plant will be uprooted. 14 LET them be. Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit." MATTHEW 15:12-14

Love, Blondie

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    I also agree that the WTS is the very thing they preach so vehemently against.

~Merry

I've noticed how they seem to be some of the very same things they had no problems judging the Catholics of previously being. I noticed an older WT quote stating that it was wrong for an organization to push too much for a strict adherance to oneness as well as how it was wrong for the Catholic church back then to say it was the sole means of correct interpretation of the Bible.

And, of course, there have been at least one or two quotes about other denominations that guessed the wrong date and so were false prophets. I'm sure there are more things that could be added to the list of things they've at least at some point preached against but now themselves do~!

[added edit: I do think the JWD is acting as a very good and beneficial gateway to an increasing amount of people ]

• upside/down
    upside/down
    neither do YOU permit those on their way in to go in. MATTHEW 23:13

How is this even possible... can a "Pharisee" hinder or not permit someone ON THEIR WAY IN to not go in?

How so? I thought we had free will and no one in actuality can make us do anything if we're determined to do it. Just a thought. Make sense?

u/d

• willyloman
    willyloman
    So watch out for the Pharisees.

Words to live by...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit