Do you always think the worst

by Satanus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

I think the best of people but the worst of situations. It's kind of a paradox I suppose as both are usually tied together. The most prominent thoughts of worst case scenarios are when the phone rings. I always think it's bad news and am reluctant to answer it and numerous thoughts go round my head as to who might be phoning and what terrible news they might have to tell. It's not because of that film The Ring either before anyone says it

I'm not sure if it's all down to being a dub though. I've known some very optimistic witnesses through the years who always looked on the bright side of life da da... da da.. da da da da da. They were mostly deluded though. Maybe it's our somewhat jaded, pessimistic attitudes that causes us to question ideas and authority like the WBTS and the happy go lucky folks are still happily absorbing the Botchtower

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I go both ways. I am never in the middle.

I either think the best possible dream will come out of it...or we are all going to die!

Brooke

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

Wow! i can hardly believe that you are discussing this, i was recently talking about this with a friend.

This must be a jw trait.

I remember a situation that happened shortly after leaving wt hq. i was invited to meet at a friends home before going out to dinner. as i drove up to the house, a sister was standing alone outside. i asked if the others had yet arrived. she said that others were in the house, but since she was the only woman she did not want to go inside with only men and decided to wait until other females arrived. i found this strange since everyone inside were her 'brothers' in the faith.

another time, my boss asked me to drop some items at his home one weekend. upon arriving, his wife told me that he had to step out, but wanted me to wait until he returned. she offerred me something to eat and drink. we were alone, but had a very nice conversation until he came in about a half hour later.

it was so surprising that these wicked worldly people had so much trust, while jws panic anytime a man and woman are alone.

i have so many weird jw quirks to get rid of.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I've heard people say that whatever a person learns in the formation years (Birth - 8 years old) stays with the person for life and nothing can completely override it.

Take for example my sister. She's your typical non-JW, but she won't ever talk about her ex-JW experience in detail. She's even adopted some seriously different set of beliefs.

However, she tells me that holidays, birthdays, and certain beliefs like life in a 'Heaven' or 'Hell', mean nothing to her. In her mind and soul the JW experience is forever embedded, like indelible ink.

That's my same situation.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit