Jehovah's witnesses do not waste time and money by building

by garybuss 29 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Zaphod...where did you get your information....this is really interesting.

DB

• Mary
    Mary

JULY 2015: ASSEMBLY ATTENDANCE DURING THE SUNDAY AFTERNOON TALK

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

looks exactly like the hall built in Bristol, the colour scheme is awful

• garybuss
    garybuss

Lol @ Mary :-)

• prophecor
    prophecor

So how can anyone deny this is God's Organization, the blessings he bestows makes it all final, NO?

Seriously though, the money that they must have is eye-opening ( wallets, purses, property )

Surely they can't get this done on the sale of items at the literature counter.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have no doubt that many gung ho witnesses visit these WTS buildings, and are filled with pride, and the thoughts that that this really is God's organization. Many good looking places, no question about it.

But, we know the truth behind the nice looking buildings, and it makes it not so appealing after all.

There is a mind blowing amount of money spent on those properties, and all the money it takes to keep it running. A very rich publishing company for sure, don't let anyone say otherwise.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

No sin in having nice, large gathering places. I really enjoy the architecture in those large gathering places that the WTBTS owns.

Did you ever see the Stanley Theather in NJ? It was breathtaking!

I've attended other churches' events in my area and many are just average, and others are pathetic. And these are people that give 10% of their earnings to their pastors???!!!

DY

• zaphod
    zaphod

diamond blue

i just put east pennine assembly hall into google. came up with charities profits.

zaphod

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Surely they can't get this done on the sale of items at the literature counter.

I think that at the present time one of the largest revenue sources they have is dead people. A very large number of dubs in the USA in particular were born in it or indoctrinated at a very early age.These "baby boomers" are now dying off and this trend will continue. Most...I am sure have the WTBTS mentioned in their wills for a substantial amount. What better way could they have to be remembered by jehovah than they gave their last buck to the org.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The new Kingdom Hall down the street from here has an attached parsonage built right on to the Hall. The first meeting I remember was in a rented store front in a low rent area of town in 1951. I was 6 or 7. Then a new Hall without the parsonage was built and shared by two congregations. On one of the times I was beat because I didn't want to go to the meeting, the speaker said we would never see a Kingdom Hall with a parsonage like the churches. At that time Witnesses denied being a religion.

Much has changed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit