I know, lets send bio-terror hazard around the world !

by Simon 14 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

What a great idea, ... brilliant !!

NOT !!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4440541.stm

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

Simon:

I mean this in the sweetest most giggling way . When I saw the title of this post I just knew you had to be the poster and I just knew it would have to be about something horrible the US was doing. I was 2 for 2 - LOL.

Smooches and good luck in your efforts to yet again expose the atrocities of the worldUSA .

Given the concerns that the virus could be used in bio-terrorism, letters were sent to the laboratories before the mistake was made public.

Dr Stohr said the College of American Pathologists had not violated US regulations, which are now being revised.

The virus - technically known as H2N2 - was classified as Biological Safety Level 2, meaning that it was not considered particularly dangerous.

From the looks of the above info. it sounds to me like the messup is being rectified and lessons learned are causing adjustments to be made so as to avoid any future problems.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I was thinking the same when I saw this on TV this evening.

Sending thousands of dosis around the world - I am afraid that there will be people going to mis - use it.

• Simon
    Simon

Well, this seems to be a joint effort in stupidity by the worlds scientific community.

We need scientists to study things but I think they need to be kept on a tight leash as otherwise their 'enthusiasm' will kill us all (or at least a few football-pitch-fulls)

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    Well, this seems to be a joint effort in stupidity by the worlds scientific community.

We need scientists to study things but I think they need to be kept on a tight leash as otherwise their 'enthusiasm' will kill us all (or at least a few football-pitch-fulls)

I dread the thought that this could happen with something as lethal as ebola or the like...

• sf
    sf

God help any pregnant women who come in contact with that virus. The baby will be severely deformed at birth.

With tons of surgery and years of physical therapy, there is hope though the child will live a productive life.

Scary though, just the words ASIAN FLU.

sKally

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Ah, yes. It gives me pause to realize that many of those involved have advanced degrees from prestigious universities and engage in the most obnoxious of intellectual snobbery toward the rest of human kind.

Educated idiots. That was really, really stupid. This is not like they made a typo in a memo or screwed up someone?s food order, this had the potential to create an international disaster of epic proportions.

Jeannie

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Sheer absurdity!

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

If it makes you feel any better, we genius Canadians, in a Vancouver lab specifically, were the ones who warned the WHO about it.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Well it would reduce the human population to just a few immune tribes of people, we'd revert back to the stone-age and I could always get that ocean front property in Cali that I've had my eye on.... hmmmmmm?

Knowing my luck I'd be one of the first to die! On second thought I'll pass.

u/d (of the Omega Man class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit