Would you have quit the JW's for a Worldly Person you loved?

by JH 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

YES !!!

• sugarbritches
    sugarbritches

HI- gosh i wish my ex had felt the way that most of you feel- he walked out of my life - threw away 5 years of beautiful memories- in order to be reinstated. Haven't heard a word from him for a year and 4 months. When he was at a social function a year and 4 months ago-and i was there too- he acted as thought i wasn't even in the room. He is shunning me just like the people at the congregation shunned him while he was disfellowshipped. It's nice to know that some people know that love should be unconditional-:)))

• MattieSus
    MattieSus

This has been a very interesting excersize.

For JW's, you must "quit" their faith to have a "worldly" love interest or spouse. There really is no in between on this matter, no inter-faith reconciliation. WOW

Guess they were serious about not "sitting on the fence". But, that's how I was too.

The GOOD NEWS is, that was then, and this now: can love unconditionally, almost.

• kazar
    kazar

Yes. Did it!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

No. I broke many hearts like a stupid sumbitch.

I left bcasee of the UN thingie... in side... I .,sfdm

CZAR

• Dustin
    Dustin

In the end that's kind of what happened for me. I loved my wife and having a normal life with her more than a religion that proved to be false.

• inquirer
    inquirer

Yes, because being a JW doesn't guarantee you paradise! So why not run with it! :)

• Frog
    Frog

I really don't think it's a case of leaving the org for love, it's really just a tangible way of expressing that you want something more out of life. Clearly if you were open to the idea of 'unevenly yoking yourself with an unbeliever' that your thoughts must have somewhere along the way digressed from strict jw law, which allowed you to open up your mind and emotions to the idea. Falling for an 'unbeliever' when you're on the inside can be the most amazing experience if you've grown up in the faith, it might be the first time that someone truly sees you as an individual, and unique, a person through whom you can have an outlet to the outside "world". I believe that when you fall in love in this way, it is more so that you're making sure that when you step outside of jw bounds that you will have someone to nuture your needs, someone to love you when your family and friends reject you.

froglett

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

The funny thing is ... thinking about this for a while I remember my dad saying to me "There's a gal at the kingdumb hall that looks a lot like her." ... as if that was the only criteria? WTF?

• Frog
    Frog

oh my Dan-o, so your your father was suggesting an aesthetic substitute!! That's the kind of daft thing a witness father will say to his kid, that you're unlikely to ever forget!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit