Would you have quit the JW's for a Worldly Person you loved?

by JH 37 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

When you were a devout JW, and if you would have met a man/women that really pleased you, would you have quit the JW Organization for that person, if he/she asked you to?

• blondie
    blondie

Yes

• JH
    JH

If you say yes to the question, does this mean that you weren't devout in the first place?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    If you say yes to the question, does this mean that you weren't devout in the first place?

Exactly. That's kind of like saying "If your parents didn't have any children then you probably won't either." lol

• blondie
    blondie

JH, it means that by that time I realized no one loved me at the KH, or knew how to love someone. No, I was never a worshiper of the organization...if I didn't see it in the Bible, then I didn't listen to them. Despite all the quoting of Deuteronomy 7:3,4, Israelites could marry non-Israelites. Ruth was married by an Israelite man although she was a Moabite. Esther, an Israelite woman, married a Persian king.

Deuteronomy 21:10-14

"In case you go out to the battle against your enemies and Jehovah your God has given them into your hand and you have carried them away captive; 11 and you have seen among the captives a woman beautiful in form, and you have got attached to her and taken her for your wife, 12 you must then bring her into the midst of your house. She must now shave her head and attend to her nails, 13 and remove the mantle of her captivity from off her and dwell in your house and weep for her father and her mother a whole lunar month; and after that you should have relations with her, and you must take possession of her as your bride, and she must become your wife.
  • love11
    love11

I did. We've been married for 10 years and he has been my only family for a number of years. I met him on the day that I decided I wouldn't go back to the hall anymore unless I really wanted to, and not out of guilt or pressure. He was painting in a art studio window at the mall. I felt at that moment like I've known him all of my life. I wish I could say that it was "happily ever after" from that day on, but the jw's will find a way to ruin any amount of pure happiness. Good Luck!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

No, because I would not have been looking when I was an active witness. Now if my ex had expressed doubts and brought me some insightful info not only would I have considered it, life would have probably been very different for the family. I doubt we would have split up since many of his issues could be traced directly to his beliefs as a witness. He never allowed himself to get help since as a witness he should have been able to pray his way out of his problems, right? Who needs professionals as a witness, huh?

J

• JH
    JH

Although I was relatively devout, I wouldn't have quit the JW's, but after years of seeing the conditional love they have for their brothers and sisters, it made me realize that true love comes from a person, not an organization.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I dumped someone I loved so I could join the stupid cult. Oh yeah, I dumped all my friends too. Then my marriage broke up after I left the cult.

Beware of any organization or any person that tries to force you to cut people out of your life.

Walter

• JH
    JH
    I dumped someone I loved so I could join the stupid cult.

I'm sorry Walter....

I guess that, with time, we learn.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit