Anyone Here from No Calif?

by love2Bworldly 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• lucky
    lucky

Brother Snow was the CO for my circuit when I was probably in my early to mid teens. Everyone in our congregation loved him.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Anyone remember Harry and Mary Snow? He was my CO uncle

*thinks he's hot stuff*

Yes, he does.

It was Harry Snow who told my father in 1962 that he hoped to "slap him in the face with a shovel before Armageddon came" after his JC. My father was not notified that there was going to be a JC, and by the time he found out and could have presented evidence which would have made a difference in my family, the disfellowshipping had already occured. The slap comment happened to his face outside the hall. My parents were devastated.

J

(edited to add: the 'yes he does' comment was toward Harry, not you Gumb Dude.)

• Quotes
    Quotes

I lived in Novato, CA during all of 1994.

My wife's Aunt & Uncle (never dubs) lived in Paradise forever (hey, that sounds funny! Paradise foever); but they have since moved to Palm Springs (not the rich part, I assure you).

~Quotes, of the "misses the Bay Area" class

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Bay Area, but never attended any meetings in the area. That was in S. Cal

• gumby
    gumby

Jeannie beanz....ya knucklehead! The *thinks he's hot stuff* comment was about me....not Harry

Harry was an awesome guy in my book and an honest man. He was from Missouri...so the slap in the face with a shovel comment no doubt came from there. I can see him saying that out of concern for the person.....but not in hate. There is a topic about him here written by Amazing1914 somewhere if you want to read a bit about him there.

Gumby

• truebloom
    truebloom

Hi, new to this forum. I'm from the east bay, from Contra Costa Valley, San Ramon area.

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Truebloom.....,and a warm welcome to you.

Gumby

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

bay area here too. Concord CA

Ash

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I used to have a witness friend up in Rocklin. ('Janie V')

Lost touch with her since I'm out for 13 years now.

-Aude.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Quotes......... pm me........... I lived in Novato in 94......... went to the kh hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit