kitty killers

by doogie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• doogie
    doogie

i just read this on CNN.com and thought it was interesting:

MADISON, Wisconsin (AP) -- Although Wisconsin residents have voiced their support for a plan to legalize wild cat hunting, some legislators and cat lovers say they will continue their fight.

The proposal would allow licensed hunters to kill free-roaming cats, including any domestic cat that isn't under the owner's direct control or any cat without a collar, just like skunks or gophers -- something the Humane Society of the United States has described as cruel and archaic.

Every year in Wisconsin alone, an estimated 2 million wild cats kill 47 million to 139 million songbirds, according to state officials. Despite the astounding numbers, the proposal has been met with fierce opposition from cat lovers such as Ted O'Donnell.

O'Donnell, who gathered more than 17,000 signatures in an online petition to oppose the plan, was joined at Monday's meetings by scores of other animal lovers who held pictures of cats, clutched stuffed animals and wore whiskers.

wild cats? you mean like lions?...cougars?...no? kitties?! jesus!

i just picture a guy in camoflage sitting in a treestand with a rifle up to his shoulder getting his sights set on a little kitty.

there was an article in the local newspaper down here in houston (Houston Press) a few weeks ago that suggested that the cure to the stray animal epidemic was to emphasize these critters' tastiness. it had (mock) recipes for Terrier Tacos and Fido Fajitas. it was hilarious but it met with quite a bit of backlash from the public (it was meant to be satirical, but apparently that was missed somewhere). anyway, i didn't know madison had such a stray cat problem. we have a crap load of them down here but i never saw that many when i lived in madison.

so anyway, does anyone have any good recipes for feline?

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

I tend to agree with this. Feral cats here are a real problem. They kill heaps of native animals.

But it needs to be carefully watched.

I don't agree though that they should kill the ones without collars, I can't keep the bloddy things on my cats.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder about cat leash laws in the state of Wisconsin. If people kept their pets confined and not roaming loose there would be no problem with someone's pet being killed.

Blondie (who never let her kitties roam loose to get fleas or pickup disease from other kitties)

• upside/down
    upside/down

Kitty.... the other white meet. Mmmmm.

u/d (of the loves kitties... they taste just like chicken class)

• doogie
    doogie
    I wonder about cat leash laws in the state of Wisconsin. If people kept their pets confined and not roaming loose there would be no problem with someone's pet being killed.

my mom used to try to put our cat on a leash and take him for walks. i swear, that cat would try to kill itself when that leash went on. he would flail around and throw himself into things. i didn't even know it was possible for an animal to move like that. he looked like a dying fish. maybe if everyone put leashes on their cats, the population would kind of naturally thin itself out.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Doggie:

That's soooooooooo Wrong and Yet Sooooooooo Funny!

Meow! Hey that remind me of a sick nasty story that only people who have a mind like me would want to hear it!

Anywho, there was this guy let's call him "Roger"....that's funny it is his real name (Nancy Drake remember Roger?) So Roger did not have a mind really. He has Mental problems that I can't explain. There was something really wrong with him. He would go up to everyone ask them to Protest with him after School about some lame issues...One time he asked to to Protest against the Show The Simpson's! Anyway he loved kitties....ewwwwww Not a Rumor the truth told by my neighbor Copper Boy(Cop) Roger had sex with a Kitty and Did not want the Cat to "Tell" anyone so he put it in a Microwave and blew it up! I swear why wasn't he caught I saw him a few months ago walking down my street.

I don't like the fact I have children and he is around so what pisses him off and he stays away from me and my house I scream Meeeooooooowwwww! and Say Bill Clinton for ever(he is a Republican and hates Bill Clinton) I just want to keep him away from me and my kids!

Brooke....WI is such a weird State! lol

• upside/down
    upside/down

Wierd is an understatement!

I'm thoroughly disturbed now...

u/d

• doogie
    doogie
    Anyway he loved kitties....ewwwwww Not a Rumor the truth told by my neighbor Copper Boy(Cop) Roger had sex with a Kitty and Did not want the Cat to "Tell" anyone so he put it in a Microwave and blew it up! I swear why wasn't he caught I saw him a few months ago walking down my street.

...jesus...

that is a terrible story. never, EVER tell it again.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I will never tell it again! Sorry!

Brooke

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

We have so many wild cats around here. They carry disease, eat our cat's food, and fight with our cats. I hate killing anything, but we trap them in a live trap and I shoot them in the trap. Its a damn shame but ppl need to be responsible with their pets so they dont have umpteen million litters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit