CANADIAN WTBS CHANGES it's name

by Jez 31 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

DB, I think you are right on this. There were several corporations formed in the US in 2000, one of which was the CCJW which started dealing directly witht he congregations, the letterhead changed and even at the conventions with signs read CCJW not WT.

The WTBTS still exists in the US, in fact there is a PA and NY part.

I think somewhere on Freeminds there is a list of all the corporations and their presidents, etc.

Can't find it right now.

Blondie

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Blondie just to throw a UK perspective on this...on one of my threads regarding their financial reports a post was made which disclosed a UK corporation called Jehovahs Witnesses which at the outset seems to be a business (a private unlimited company) it could be argued that this is a seperate organisation from the WTS given that their is no mention of IBSA House, Watchtower House, Ridgeway or anything connected with the WTS in the UK.

I have done a check on the owners and officers of this company....an Andrew Drozdoski and Co Ownership Register Limited...

There does appear to be a difference between the two organisations....but i shall keep you posted about any developments.

DB

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

I wonder if changing this name change will have any effect on Quotes' site and use of "Watchtower" name/logo and that legal mess....

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Letter read tonight. Said that the "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Canada" will change its letterheads and signature to "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses"

Jez

Are they dropping the "Canada" tag then? Does that mean that they will be dropping the country tag from all branch offices.

I wonder how the "Christian" tittle is going to go over in non-Christian countries?

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Current List of Watch Tower Society Officers as of 1/22/04

Governing body members

John Barr
    Carey Barber
    Samuel Herd
    Theodore Jaracz
    Steven Lett
    Gerrit Lösch
    Guy Pierce
    Albert Schroeder
    David Splane
    Daniel Sydlik

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania (Incorporated 1884)
    President Don A. Adams
    Vice Presidents Robert W. Wallen, William F. Malenfant
    Secretary/Treasurer Richard E. Abrahamson
    Directors Danny L. Bland, Philip D. Wilcox, John N. Wischuk

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. (Incorporated 1909)
    President Max H. Larson
    Vice Presidents George M. Couch, Lonnie R. Schilling
    Secretary/Treasurer Gerald F. Simonis
    Directors Gerald D. Grizzle, David G. Sinclair, Robert M. Pevy

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses (Incorporated 2000)
    President William L. Van De Wall
    Vice Presidents Charles I. Woody, Leon Weaver, Jr.
    Secretary/Treasurer William H. Nonkes
    Directors Harold K. Jackson, Merton V. Campbell, Stanley F. Weigel

Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses (Incorporated 2000)
    President Patrick J. LaFranca
    Vice Presidents Peter D. Molchan, Ralph E. Walls
    Secretary/Treasurer Joseph D. Mercante
    Directors Marvin G. Smalley, Kenneth J. Pulcifer, Eugene D. Rosam, Jr.

Kingdom Support Services, Inc. (Incorporated 2000)
    President Harold L. Corkern
    Vice Presidents Alan D. Janzen, Robert L. Butler
    Secretary/Treasurer Alexander W. Reinmueller
    Directors James F. Mantz, Jr., Thomas Kalimeris, Alan G. Browning

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New Jersey, Inc. (Incorporated 1955)
    President Charles V. Molohan
    Vice Presidents James L. Bauer, J. Richard Brown
    Secretary/Treasurer Alan K. Flowers
    Directors Allen E. Shuster, David L. Walker, Vernon C. Wisegarver

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Florida, Inc. (Incorporated 1986)
    President Leonard R. Pearson
    Vice Presidents Alejandro G. Rodriguez, Maurice C. Turcot
    Secretary/Treasurer Mark L. Questell
    Directors Jim Moody, Sr., Anselm J. Packnett, Donald R. Krebs

Valley Farms Corporation (Incorporated 1987)
    President Charles J. Rice
    Vice Presidents Kent E. Fischer, Robert L. Rains
    Secretary/Treasurer Albert L. Harrell
    Directors John R. Strandberg, Samuel D. Buck, Louis A. Travis

Read the new article, "All About the Governing Body"

from http://www.freeminds.org/history/listofgbmembers.htm

Randy

Net Soup!

http:/www.freeminds.org

• upside/down
    upside/down

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania (Incorporated 1884)President Don A. Adams

Get Smart is president?

u/d

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Personally, I think it is an effort to break the entity into so many small groups that they will be more difficult to hold to account on fiduciary responsibility. Lawsuits have them running scared, I believe...

Jeannie

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I recall they formed several corporations several years ago. It's all probably part of what they call "simplifying", even though there's little that's simple about it.

I'm sure it's all about protecting their $$$.

Walter

• undercover
    undercover

I've always tried to be careful when posting to differentiate between JWs and the WTS. JWs to me were always the rank and file. They were the followers, the believers. Some are power hungry and use their positions in a bad way, but to me the average JW is just trying to be a good person, trying to serve God in a way they think is best. The WTS was always the evil entity to me. It was the GB, the head of the WTS for so long, who has tried to replace Jesus with themselves and dictate to the followers how to live life.

Now the WTS is the legal entity and the JWs are the religious entity. The WTS is not so much the evil entity itself anymore but a product of the evil entity to do the evil deeds required by the evil entity.

The difference to the average JW will be minimal but will be seen as consolidating and simplifying while in reality it's to protect the religious entity from lawsuits and help maintain religious tax exemptions. To me changing the names from "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of (...)" to "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses" blurs the difference between the evil and the oppressed.

• sf
    sf

http://www.al-baz.com/guestbook/archives_1999.html

Islam is the only way of life open to servants of Allah. Being submissive is the only way to realise our God given blessings. allah will help us if only we ask for the right reasons. 2nd sura (The Cow). His word is full of wisdom and benefit and the scripturest that he has given us must be obeyed. His love abounds and when we leave him, he awaits our return with a patience of a father who awaits thwe return of his son who is lost without him. Allah be praised, Allah be blessed and Allah the Almighty be given all the glory that he deserves. May thw wicked return to doing good and to praising Allah all day long. Islam is the way, it is the only way. Our struggle, (our daily personal Jehad) in daily living according to Islam will only bring us blessings all day long, even until death if that must be. Allah Akbar Andrew Drozdowski <[email protected]>
    Canterbury, Kent UK - Tuesday, November 23, 1999 at 19:02:34 (EST)

Hmmmm...

_________

Vexatious litigants
    ... DROZDOWSKI, Andrew Martin - 6 April 1998. EBERT, Gedaljahu - 7 July 2000.
    EDGAR, David Alan - 1 February 2002. EDWARDS, Ralston Peter - 20 June 2001 ...
    www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/ infoabout/vexatious_litigant/ - 21k - Apr 11, 2005 - Cached - Similar pages

Litigation Practice
    ... Hm Attorney General -v- Andrew Martin Drozdowski. Admn 06 April 1998,
    Litigation Practice. [ - lawindexpro [1998] EWHC Admin 408] [06 April 1998 ...
    www.swarb.co.uk/lisc/Litigation_Practice.shtml - 513k - Cached - Similar pages

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit